Sign in to follow this  
nop59213

PROBLEMS WITH MY FSX

Hi, I need help for a problem that I´m having with my fsx. When my fsx is processing a free flight, it reaches about 71% and then it crashes. I lower the settings of the scenery from ultra high to medium low and still it has no effect. I started to have this problem after I downloaded some airlines from WORLD OF AI. But when I do a mission I don´t have this problem, it´s weird. Please help me!

PS: Eu sou português, portanto se algum português ou brasileiro vir isto, por favor ajude-me também!

Around 70%, FSX is loading air, land, and sea traffic so it is most likely a bad aircraft within the World of AI program.  When you load a free flight, depending on the location of the airport, certain AI will load.  You can try lowering your AI slider to say, 30%.  Usually, anything higher than 30% is never used in FSX.  If you have it set at 100%, then AI all over the world will be loading as required by their flight plans.  The AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature) provides more information on how to investigate on Page 9.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

17 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Around 70%, FSX is loading air, land, and sea traffic so it is most likely a bad aircraft within the World of AI program.  When you load a free flight, depending on the location of the airport, certain AI will load.  You can try lowering your AI slider to say, 30%.  Usually, anything higher than 30% is never used in FSX.  If you have it set at 100%, then AI all over the world will be loading as required by their flight plans.  The AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature) provides more information on how to investigate on Page 9.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi Jim, actually when it reaches 71% it says "Loanding auto-generating scenery" or something like that, so I think it´s something to do with the scenery, but I don´t know. I already lowered the sea and land trafic to almost 0. More intresting is if I do a flight in Friday Harbor I don´t have that problem, but when I do a flight in a other place it crashes. That drives me nuts.

Can you explain to me how I lower my AI slider please? I don´t undersand alot of computers XD

Thanks for helping me!

PS: I´m portuguese so my english is not perfect.

5 minutes ago, nop59213 said:

Can you explain to me how I lower my AI slider please? I don´t undersand alot of computers XD

Go to FSX settings and click on the Traffic Tab.  See the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (link in my signature) for more information.

If you think it is scenery, you should disable any add-on scenery.  While flying the default flight, go to World and Scenery Library and disable any addon scenery.  If you only have default scenery, then you have a problem with AI.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Go to FSX settings and click on the Traffic Tab.  See the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (link in my signature) for more information.

If you think it is scenery, you should disable any add-on scenery.  While flying the default flight, go to World and Scenery Library and disable any addon scenery.  If you only have default scenery, then you have a problem with AI.

Best regards,

Jim

Thank you very much Jim!