Sign in to follow this  
Roudy Abdallah

PMDG 777 Initialization stops at 12 then crashes with no message

HI, I recently bought the PMDG 777 and when I opened FSX:SE to try it out, things didn't go well.

Issue: I choose the aircraft, airport, date and time, the flight loads, initialization starts but stops after 8 seconds and FSX:SE crashes with no error messages.

Event Viewer: For some reason, nothing shows up on the event viewer or on the other program I use to check the cause of this problem.

What I've done so far: I uninstall FSX:SE, the PMDG 777-200 base package, and the PMDG 777-300ER.Downloaded them again but nothing changed.

I hope a solution can be found ASAP for this issue.

Best Regards, AbdulRahman.

UPDATE: Something finally showed up in the event viewer.

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.62615.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 3420
 Start Time: 01d37eefc7b21b52
 Termination Time: 33
 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
 Report Id: d2609619-fec7-4d3d-ac26-2cf83f25f3d5
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 

1 hour ago, Roudy Abdallah said:

UPDATE: Something finally showed up in the event viewer.

When you started up FSX, did you allow the PMDG gauges to run?  Did you have any anti-virus or anti-malware program running?  Is UserAccessControls disabled?  What is the version of Windows.  FSX-Steam has a method of repairing all of your FSX-SE files so no need to uninstall Steam and then reinstall.  This is never a good solution to fix a problem, especially with the PMDG 777.  Best to rename or delete the fsx.cfg and rename the dll.xml and see if this fixes the problem.  You should always start up FSX with Admin Privileges too.  If there is a problem with the dll.xml, then it is most likely the PMDG module loading but that is extremely rare.  If you rename it to dll.xml.off and run the PMDG 777 again and it starts up okay, then there is a problem with the module.  You trusted it right?

I recommend downloading the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature).  Page 9 tells you how to delete or rename the fsx.cfg.

If you want support from PMDG, you should go to their website, PMDG.com and complete a trouble ticket as this is the only official way of them working on your issue.  The support forums here are mainly for user-to-user action.  They do not provide official support in the forums to help avoid providing support to software pirates.

Your Event Viewer report does not say anything.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide there is a link to the AppCrashView program which interprets Windows Error programs.  It might provide more information. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

When the flight loads and is still initializing, the screens are turned on, everything works(unlike other people where it seemed to be in a Cold and Dark state and they couldn't do anything). I did not have any anti-virus or anti-malware running when downloading the 777 or when I wanted to try it out. What us UserAccessControls and how do I enable/disable it? I'm using Windows 10 Home. 

I'll be checking out the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Thank you for responding and thank you for your help, I'll be replying with an update.

Best Regards, AbdulRahman.

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

In the AVSIM CTD Guide there is a link to the AppCrashView program which interprets Windows Error programs.  It might provide more information. 

I also forgot to mention that AppCrashView is the app I use to determine the cause of errors but unfortunately nothing showed up there.

23 minutes ago, Roudy Abdallah said:

When the flight loads and is still initializing, the screens are turned on, everything works(unlike other people where it seemed to be in a Cold and Dark state and they couldn't do anything).

I believe something else other than the PMDG777 is having issues while it is initializing.  This is why you should rename the fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg.old and the dll.xml to dll.xml.old (in same folders) and try again.  Perhaps another module being loaded by the dll.xml is not loading properly.

Here is one possible solution to why the PMDG777 is not initializing -

Also make sure simconnect is installed -

• Navigate to this folder: <FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib (By default the <FSX root folder> is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX)
  • Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.
  • Navigate to this folder: <FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

Inside this folder are three more folders that each contain a SimConnect.msi file - you must run all three of them.  Some say this is in their readme or manual for FSX-SE installations.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 minute ago, Jim Young said:

I believe something else other than the PMDG777 is having issues while it is initializing.  This is why you should rename the fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg.old and the dll.xml to dll.xml.old (in same folders) and try again.  Perhaps another module being loaded by the dll.xml is not loading properly.

Here is one possible solution to why the PMDG777 is not initializing -

Also make sure simconnect is installed -

• Navigate to this folder: <FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib (By default the <FSX root folder> is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX)
  • Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.
  • Navigate to this folder: <FSX:SE root folder>\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces

Inside this folder are three more folders that each contain a SimConnect.msi file - you must run all three of them.  Some say this is in their readme or manual for FSX-SE installations.

I had already done that before but I have good news: Following the AVSIM CTD GUIDE, I moved the FSX.cfg file to another folder and it still didn't work. Then, I moved the dll.xml file to a temporary folder and it worked!

I still didn't try flying the aircraft to see if it would crash or not but at the moment, it seems to be working.

But now I'm wondering, should I keep the dll.xml file out or what?

Best regards, AbdulRahman

Page 12 of the AVSIM CTD Guide provides guidance on the dll.xml and how to disable individual entries so you can try to figure out which one is causing the issue. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Good news!  Enjoy your PMDG 777!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM