I have a system that uses 4K video resolution.  The text size that is used for the airport and other place names on the map is too small to read.  Is there a way to adjust this?  Thanks.

Charlie

Try Tools --> Options --> Map Display tab. You can adjust the various text display sizes there from 50% up to 150%.

Hope that helps,

Barry

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried changing those values but they have no effect on the text on the base map.

Hmm, that's strange. :blink:

I'm sure Alex will have a suggestion when he gets in here.

Edited to note: I just activated the airport names in the options and have the same issue. When name/ident selected the font size has no effect.

Edited AGAIN to note - the text size only has a effect on airports NOT in the flight plan. Weird but I'm sure there's either a reason or a fix for it.

It's up to you now Alex. :laugh:

the flight plan text size can be changed separately in the options dialog on the same page like the other texts.

The base map consists of pre-rendered image tiles that also contain the text. Sorry, there is no way I can change that for the online maps. Maybe I can tweak it for the offline maps somewhere ...

Try the Stamen Terrain map theme. It has bigger texts in the map.

Alex

I'm not 100% sure Alex, but what I meant was, the airport name/ident size doesn't change for the airport in the active flight plan. I never noticed this before. The images below should explain it. This may be what the OP meant.

This picture shows text for the airport active in the flight plan is larger than the surrounding airports:

2017-12-30 15_49_08-Little Navmap - FSX - IFR Grand Canyon Natl Park (KGCN) to McCarran Intl (KLAS).

And this one shows the surrounding airport text significantly larger than the airport active in the flight plan:

2017-12-30 15_49_41-Little Navmap - FSX - IFR Grand Canyon Natl Park (KGCN) to McCarran Intl (KLAS).

Barry,

that is the intended behavior. Flight plan text size for all flight plan related stuff which includes departure, destination and waypoints. Airport text size for the rest. The idea is to allow bigger flight plan texts to stick out of the rest.

Alex

• Upvote 1

Gotcha Alex. It's not a issue for me as I mentioned, I didn't even notice until I saw the OP's post,

And, although it's a little early in my time zone - Happy New Year! :biggrin: