Sign in to follow this  
Peter Biggerstaff

Importing default airport - buildings missing

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to X-Plane. I live in Invercargill so would love to use the Invercargill Airport (NZNV) as much as I can.The issue I have is ATC keeps making me use the wrong runway, I've tried a 3rd party ATC and it does the same. For some reason ATC insists I use a grass runway, even in an ATR-72.

I figured an easy way to fix this would be to delete the grass runways in WED, but anytime I import NZNV from apt.dat in either the default or custom scenery folders, it imports the runways, taxiways and traffic flow info, but no buildings. If I edit this and save it, The runways are correct, but the entire terminal building is missing.

What am I doing wrong? or is there an easier way to disable the grass runways so I can takeoff and land, with ATC guidance on the main tarmac runway? (22/04) 

Thats because there are none. Open wed and import from gateway see if there marked with 3d if not it doesnt have buildings. Let me know ill do a quick ver for you if you need it.

Forgot to mention xplane if teh winds are calm seem to pick its runways from due north, so if the grass is the first from north that will always be the priority unless there is wind. You cannot actually set a priority runway from all i see.

My brother actiually lives in Invercargill

Thanks for the reply, There are buildings in the default scenery, are they autogen somehow? they only disappear if I make any edits in WED. There is a version in the gateway, but it's the old layout from before the airport was rebuilt. 

So far I'm enjoying X-plane and glad I made the switch from FSX, but man I've found a lot of bugs so far!

working on an update for invercargill will send when i get it done could be couple of weeks since ill be in Perth for a while, plenty of pics on net to get a reasonable rendition Last ver of xplane adds some new objects to the WED lego bricks and a reasonable facade for doing much nicer terminals, can wait for WEd 1.7

Hi uploaded new ver Invercargil to gateway for aproval. If you have any pics of new airport, especially ground marking, got changed with new terminal, ill update later. Please note airport doesnt have METAR avaliabl;e on line so dont think weather will be accurate. Not sure how xp0lane deals with that