Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What happens in this Cloudy situation?

I would like to know what happens when you have both REX4 Texture Direct Enhanced Edition AND REX Soft Clouds?

Does one take precedence over the other?  If I open the Texture Direct Program and pick a cloud formation, THEN open Soft Clouds and pick one of the 12 choices of clouds, does the one I open first or second work in the sim?  

OR...do they both combine to make a composite for the clouds in P3dV4.1?  

I see that there's a single program that has both of these programs combined?  I bought Soft Clouds separately so I have 2 program icons on my desktop.

I have been unable to find the answer to this anywhere when I search various forums.

Appreciate your expert answers on this.

Stan

They both work together but you have to disable lower level clouds in texture direct in order to use the ones in soft clouds. Go in to settings and simply remove the check mark in the lower level clouds section and your set.I'm no expert but I to bought them separately and that's how I do it.

2 hours ago, spilok said:

If I open the Texture Direct Program and pick a cloud formation, THEN open Soft Clouds and pick one of the 12 choices of clouds, does the one I open first or second work in the sim?  

The last one you installed will be used. So here Soft Clouds (SC) will be used provided you actually hit the "install" button in SC.
Should be obvious really as there is a big visual difference between TD and SC clouds.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

That's what I thought actually.  The LAST one will be used.  Soft Clouds was installed last.....however is it the one used when you click on the desktop icon?  They are both on my desktop.  So, if I click on the Texture Direct and go to P3d, does it override Soft Clouds?

Stan

2 hours ago, spilok said:

So, if I click on the Texture Direct and go to P3d, does it override Soft Clouds?

Stan

Only if you hit the install button in TD before opening P3D. Just opening TD does nothing. Same with SC. Neither need to be open when the sim is running.

If you are changing other textures in a theme in TD and then installing that theme the lower clouds will be overwritten with the current TD lower clouds unless you have lower clouds disabled in TD settings as sbaque1 says above. If you just install say only a new sky texture directly via TD only that sky texture will be updated.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.