trisho0

Aerosoft Vaernes v2 textures black in P3Dv4

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Installed Aerosoft Trondheim - Vaernes v2 inside of P3D v4 and worked fine. But, when I install outside of P3Dv4 I get black textures as shown in screenshots. I have all my payware sceneries outside and all working without issues so far. Any ideas to fix Vaernes v2 to make it work outside of P3D?

ENVAblack.jpg
ENVAblack-1.jpg
ENVAblack-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have the same issue. There is a post on Aerosoft about changing the path in a texture.cfg, but could not figure out how to do it. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

Have the same issue. There is a post on Aerosoft about changing the path in a texture.cfg, but could not figure out how to do it. :(

Where is texture.cfg file located? What I found is texture.cfg that has the date of the P3Dv4 installer, not modified. So, I don't think is that file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Where is texture.cfg file located? What I found is texture.cfg that has the date of the P3Dv4 installer, not modified. So, I don't think is that file.

Just remembered....C:|PrgramData/12bPilot/Sode/simobjects/Sode_ENVA/Texture. Check others too I suppose.

 

Let me know how you get on. I guess you have to put the full *New* path ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Just remembered....C:|PrgramData/12bPilot/Sode/simobjects/Sode_ENVA/Texture. Check others too I suppose.

 

Let me know how you get on. I guess you have to put the full *New* path ?

Found several xml files related with ENVA but they are SODE configurations nothing to do with textures. It has to be something else outside of SODE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Found several xml files related with ENVA but they are SODE configurations nothing to do with textures. It has to be something else outside of SODE.

No, I never mentioned the XML folder.You will notice you should be in simobjects\SODE  There is texture folders. If you don't have texture folders, then your in the wrong place, or don't have SODE installed correctly.

 

I just fixed mine!!

Look for the following texture folders:

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture.FA

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture.SP

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture.SU

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture.WI

Fix texture.cfg like this example

[fltsim]
fallback.1=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture\Texture.WI
fallback.2=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture\Lightmaps.WI
fallback.3=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture\Asphalt.WI
fallback.4=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture\Roof.WI
fallback.5=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

No, I never mentioned the XML folder.You will notice you should be in simobjects\SODE  There is texture folders. If you don't have texture folders, then your in the wrong place, or don't have SODE installed correctly.

 

I just fixed mine!!

Look for the following texture folders:

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture.FA

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture.SP

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture.SU

W:\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENVA\Texture.WI

Fix texture.cfg like this example

[fltsim]
fallback.1=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture\Texture.WI
fallback.2=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture\Lightmaps.WI
fallback.3=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture\Asphalt.WI
fallback.4=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture\Roof.WI
fallback.5=G:\APPS\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture

Hi ZKOKQ, I appreciate your help on this sooooo much! You really did it.

Found from  C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Misc\SODE_ENVA\Texture, Texture.FA, Texture.SP, Texture.SU and Texture.WI

Edited all of their texture.cfg files. Found like

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\..\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture

and edited as:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture

where D:\ is the drive that P3Dv4 needs to look at (outside of default P3D v4).

Now, all working......... cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Hi ZKOKQ, I appreciate your help on this sooooo much! You really did it.

Found from  C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Misc\SODE_ENVA\Texture, Texture.FA, Texture.SP, Texture.SU and Texture.WI

Edited all of their texture.cfg files. Found like

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\..\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture

and edited as:

[fltsim]
fallback.1=D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Vaernes V2.0\Texture

where D:\ is the drive that P3Dv4 needs to look at (outside of default P3D v4).

Now, all working......... cool!

Glad to help. As I have installed outside of P3D, mine was in a different directory C:\ProgramData, hence the confusion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ZKOKQ said:

Glad to help. As I have installed outside of P3D, mine was in a different directory C:\ProgramData, hence the confusion

That's rare. It can't be those texture configuration files inside of ProgramData folder. Those files is supposed to be in P3D v4 default directory. But hey! you did it right helping this successfully! Great help in AVSIM. Really I appreciate your help. Many thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

That's rare. It can't be those texture configuration files inside of ProgramData folder. Those files is supposed to be in P3D v4 default directory. But hey! you did it right helping this successfully! Great help in AVSIM. Really I appreciate your help. Many thanks!

LOL weird I know, but it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now