Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

add-ons cfg files

Hi everyone,

Little confused here with the add-ons.cfg files. I seem to have 2 of these files within P3D V4. One is located in Users / AppData / Roaming / Lockheed Martin / Prepar3D v4.

The other one is located c / ProgramData / lockheed martin / Prepar3D V4. 

I don't understand why there is two of them? Both have addon scenery listed in them. I just imaged it would be one single add-on.cfg file, But because there are two in different locations it has confused me. One of them my FSDreamteam scenery is listed, The other my UK2000 scenery is listed. 

24 minutes ago, Mejjo said:

Hi everyone,

Little confused here with the add-ons.cfg files. I seem to have 2 of these files within P3D V4. One is located in Users / AppData / Roaming / Lockheed Martin / Prepar3D v4.

The other one is located c / ProgramData / lockheed martin / Prepar3D V4. 

I don't understand why there is two of them? Both have addon scenery listed in them. I just imaged it would be one single add-on.cfg file, But because there are two in different locations it has confused me. One of them my FSDreamteam scenery is listed, The other my UK2000 scenery is listed. 

Hi,

both files have a different focus:

- C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
Contains all addons that P3D discovered automatically = which were established with an add-on.xml in \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\. This file is automatically refreshed every time you start P3D and it browses through the addon folders in \Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\

- C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
Contains all addons that have been installed with the command line tools from the SDK. This file remains static unless some installer adds a new addon to it.

Best regards

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI