Sign in to follow this  
byork

FAQs and QUICK HELP!

Question:  Is there a discount for previous FS2Crew owners?

Answer:

Yes, use coupon code DOGX to get 5 euros off.

Question:  My FO stopped doing his flows.

Answer:

Do not resize the FS2Crew panels.

Question:  I seem to have two FO's in the cockpit!

Answer:

Open the Maddog Load Manager, go to the "Simulator Options" section and uncheck "Enable PNF calls".

Question:  The FO is not moving the flaps.

Answer:

Disable LINDA.

And ensure no hardware is connected to your flaps.  Signals or noise from your hardware will "override" the signal FS2Crew sends to the aircraft to position the flaps.

Question:  Where is the FS2Crew Config Manager?  How do I activate FS2Crew?

Answer:

The utility to add FS2Crew to the Maddog is built directly into the Leonardo Maddog X Load Manager.  There should be a link on your desktop.

It is located in the "Setup" section.

FS2Crew for the Maddog must be installed in order for the FS2Crew tab to appear.

You must click "Enable FS2Crew".

That will add the FS2Crew entries to the Maddog's Panel.cfg file.

Note: Make sure everything is run with admin rights to avoid write permission issues, especially if you installed Flight Simulator into the Program Files folder. 

If you can't open the FS2Crew Main Panel, check that FS2Crew entries are on the Maddog's Panel.cfg file.

MaddogLoad%20Manager.PNG

Question: Where are the manuals?

Answer:

Right here: http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=maddogx_reboot

A cheat sheet summary is also available that condenses the important parts into a few pages.

Question: How do I control the FS2Crew volume?

Answer:

Using your mouse wheel, "twist" the INT knob on the Captain's Audio panel.

Note: Your speakers' volume setting in the Windows Control Panel should be set to 100 percent.  Ensure they are set to max volume.

int3.jpg

Question: Where are the Cabin PAs?  I can't hear them.

Answer:

Twist the  PA knob on the Captain's Audio Panel (same panel as shown above) using your mouse wheel to turn up the volume of the Cabin PA's.

If you do not want to hear the Cabin PAs, set the PA knob to the full off position.

Question: How do I turn on the FS2Crew panel night lighting?

Answer:

From the manual: This knob controls the FS2Crew lighting.

maddog_panel.JPG

Question: Which Flight Simulator products does Maddog Reboot support?

Answer:

FSX, P3D V3 and V4.

Question:  I get no headset audio, or I'm losing my audio.

Answer: 

Uninstall your current audio drivers via the Windows Control panel, and re-start your system.  You want to use the Microsoft "Realtek" drivers.  Sometimes, custom audio drivers can cause this issue.

In Windows Sound options, uncheck the option that allows programs to take "exclusive" control of your audio device.

Update your audio drivers.

Open the Windows "Volume Mixer".  Ensure the "Applications" slider is not muted.

If using a USB headset, try using a port on the back of your computer rather than in front.

Another user did this: "I had to change Realtek speakers to 7.1 surround (even though I think I only have 5.1), uncheck optional side pair speakers, leave Select Full Range to Front left and right and leave Surround speakers on."

Also, the 2018 Windows Spring Update appears to add new "privacy" options for your microphone that, if enabled, can turn off your microphone. 

See this thread for more info:

Question:  How do I install the English - US language pack in Windows 10?  I tried, but English - US is not visible in the 'Language' drop down menu.

Answer:

• Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language.
  • Select "ADD A LANGUAGE TO THIS DEVICE".
  • Select the language you want to use from the list (ENGLISH)
  • Choose which region's version you want to use (ENGLISH - US)  
  • Left click on the English US language set, and a new menu should appear.  Then you must click 'OPTIONS' and then click 'DOWNLOAD' under the 'SPEECH ' category.
  • Go to the 'ADVANCED SPEECH OPTIONS' page in the Control panel.
  • English - US should now be visible in the Language drop down menu.
  • Don't forget to train your voice!

See this page for more information.

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

1. Open the RealTek Audio panel and disable Noise Reduction.

2. Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio, Asus Sonic Radar and Asus Studio 3 if you have them installed. That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

Long story short: Watch out for audio related bloatware that comes with certain motherboards.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

Another user had to disable the RealTek Audio Manager.

3. In your Windows "Power Options", ensure that "USB Selective Suspend Setting" is Disabled.

Question: How do I open the FS2Crew Main Panel.

Answer:

It's the same system as the other FS2Crew's.  Assign a key or joystick button to AUTOFEATHER ARM/OFF.  We recommend using the "N" key to avoid conflicts.

Question: I'm experiencing weird problems with the sound.  The volume is way off.

Answer:

A user fixed this by changing the sample rate in his Realtek HD audio manger to 24 bit 44.1 khz.

Question: My problem is not listed here.

Answer:

Search the FS2Crew 747 and NGX Reboot forums.  Each FS2Crew shares the same underlying components (namely, speech recognition and audio), so a solution for a FS2Crew 747 or 737 problem may equally apply to the Maddog.

But also make sure your anti-virus is set to exclude your FS folder.  We've had cases were certain anti virus programs will nuke some critical files.