Sign in to follow this  
fsjunkey

static aircraft

I downloaded scenery that has many static aircraft. They are not in "objects" folder. What file houses them and is there a way to "decompile" that file so I can extract the static aircraft?  Thank you.

The scenery must reference a library BGL file that contains the static aircraft models. You can extract them for personal use with Model Converter X, which is freeware.

1 hour ago, fsjunkey said:

I downloaded scenery that has many static aircraft. They are not in "objects" folder. What file houses them and is there a way to "decompile" that file so I can extract the static aircraft?  Thank you.

If you want to delete the static aircraft, the quickest way is to download OverlayEditor, open the scnery, and manually click on each one and press delete. It sounds tedious but really doesn't take long.

If you want to "extract" them to use in another project, you can import objects from one scenery to another using OverlayEditor or World Editor (WED). Note that WED is more powerful but also more difficult to use. 

If you want to "extract" them into a 3D modeling software, I'm not sure how to do that, sorry.... Maybe someone else can chime in if that's what you mean.