Sign in to follow this  
Kimchoc

FirefighterX Multiplayer/Steam Pilots

Looking for MP players. Best thing to do is send me a friend request on Steam, user name Kimchoc, same as here. My friends are all experienced, older pilots, going back to FS98. Retired firefighters. VA pilots for many years. We've built our own simpits, extensive.

looking for the same level of experienced MP pilots.

Outstanding software. I'd rate this as one of the top 5 I've ever purchased. Kudos to the devs. Maybe you can develop an MP lobby. Perhaps a stand alone program that lists anyone with a FFX MP server running?  I'd pay extra for that.

Thanks,

Gary

• Like 1

Hello Gary,

many thanks for you kind words.

About the MP servers: the plan is to keep FFX small. It will never even cover development cost as it is. Running a function as you describe would make it necessary to add more security to the app. As matters stand, anyone could connect to your server. Apart from unwanted guests, it would be easy to run denial of service attacks, if the server IPs would be made public. I don't much like the idea of that TBH.

But some other thing: would you be interested in trying out a new communications app, that works like a radio stack? It runs stand alone but it can also integrate into the MSFS based sims COM radios. It is not using any of the standard comm apps (like TeamSpeak), it is completely proprietary with its own protocol.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Copy that. I'll depend on Steam friending then.

For sure dont spend any time other than a few minutes thinking about it. Just a thought.

Actually I have Teamspeak and Discord. Plenty comms there. I think I remember an addon back in FS9 days that had something similar to the software you speak of. I think it changed the Teamspeak channels when you changed the radio stack.

I downloaded my first REAL fire into the program the other night. unbelievable. I cant believe you have created this. You're charging too little BTW. Should be easily $39.95

gary

Hello Gary,

Comms: I know those tools for TeamSpeak and Discord. The Lorby Comms have a different focus, trying to get simulated radios more life-like. In a fire fighting aircraft you usually have 5 means of communications: the two COM radios, two VHF channels on a TFM138 to talk to the ground crews via repeater towers and a sat phone to talk to dispatch etc. The Lorby Comms simulate that kind of operation, mimicking what real radio comms are like for an AAO. They feature PTT, different frequencies for receivers and transmitters using a switchbox, a "god mode" for the server (so everbody must hear him) etc.

39771160752_8df33b8cd8_b.jpg

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Wow, that is coming back to me. I went to a class 3-4 years ago for Wildland FF. I only reached a level to sleep in the quiet zone and sign up for fires. LOL.

Only a two day school but those comms sound familiar now. Where is that program? On your website?

I imagine you could have a command guy hanging out on the ground watching for the drop, adjusting each pass. We'll need more people for that. back to my main interest. How to find more players......

looks interesting.

Gary

Edited by Kimchoc
more thought

10 hours ago, Kimchoc said:

Where is that program? On your website?

Hello Gary,

no, it is still in development. It works well enough to be tested though (=all features that you can see actually work), but there is no documentation for it yet. My problem is finding people willing to do a "friendly user" test. I need to know if the app is good enough to be developed into an end user product, or if I put an early stop to that and save it for individual projects.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Copy. If I get more guys to start flying on a regular basis, I'll give you a shout. Right now, not many MP'ers.

Thanks, gary

18 hours ago, BSV1191 said:

Hi guys,

Where is this wonderful VHF / COM radio tool in multiplayer ? 😄 

Hi,

the "Lorby Comms" app is not integrated into FFX multiplayer. It is a separate product, and it is only available through Wildfire Training Solutions Inc. in Canada, the outfit which is distributing the professional Lorby products.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Ok thanks Oliver 😉 And 1 day will appear on FSX ...? 

Edited by BSV1191

40 minutes ago, BSV1191 said:

Ok thanks Oliver 😉 And 1 day will appear on FSX ...? 

Hi,

sorry, but no, I don't think so. LorbyWildfireResponse and LorbyComms are custom solutions, they are not suitable for the end user market - way too expensive.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI