Sign in to follow this  
Guest Divergent Phugoid

CNN live: Airbus 380 maiden flight from 8:00 GMT

"It about isn't Airbus vs Boeing. It debating the opposing visions. If you don't like a debate then go and be grown up somewhere else."Didn't see this when you posted it yesterday, but was reading my local paper about the sheer joy some local workers felt seeing the A380 take to the skies. Honeywell, which employs thousands of people within a three mile radius of my office in Phoenix, is supplying eight systems for the A380. In a global economy it's not about who wins--it's about everyone winning because both Boeing and Airbus must succeed to keep jobs filled world wide.Having said that, there's a time and place for everything. In a thread meant to celebrate an aviation event, I don't think it's a place for "opposing visions" to be discussed. We saw the same baloney in the Century of Flight threads--people celebrated the Wright Brothers' flight, and immediately other members came in and turned it into a debate about who flew first. People need to pick better venues for these discussions, and let those of us who love aviation enjoy a thread which is about that, and nothing more.'nuff said

Guest Divergent Phugoid

Fair point and well made too.