Hello there fellow simmers.

I seek advice from you all about which upgrade routes I should take.

Current system:

Mobo: ASUS Maximus VII Formula Z97

CPU: Intel 4790k Devil's Canyon

RAM: 16GB G.Skill PC3 DDR1600 (Might soon move this up to 32GB)

GPU: MSI GTX670 x2 in SLI, 2GB RAM each

Hard Drive: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD

My system is starting to show its age with my graphics card setup. I last built this system in 2014. I was thinking is it worth it to upgrade to something nice like a GTX 1080? Should I go with one GPU or is SLI worth it?

Or should I just wait until I do another full system upgrade (Mobo, RAM, CPU etc)

Main purposes of this system: everyday computing, work, Photo Editing, some HD Video (not much 4K), and to be able to X Plane with no lag at max settings :D. I don't need to bankrupt myself to get the latest and greatest for any benchmarking whatsoever. 

Thanks all for your time. 

I’m in the same boat but gpu prices are through the roof currently. Have you had a look? I think the rest of your rig is pretty darn good though. 

Orman