Sign in to follow this  
wijnand

packs of takeoff

Hello guys,

in the FCOM page 167 it says that converted freighters are not certified for a  'Packs off Takeoff', 

Does anyone know why they are not vertified??

Greetings,

Wijnand Lindelauf (EHBK)

Took me a minute to realize that 167 is the pdf page, actual page is SP.2.1.

You should review the system descriptions, perhaps FCOM 2.20.3 holds the answer.  The cargo ships have special air distribution modes for smoke and fire not present in the pax versions.  These features are probably missing from the converted models.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan,

Thanks, I will look intto it.

With this simulation, you always learn new stuff! I always assumed the converted freighters had all the stuff installed (apart from the nosedoor) you would find on a 747F.

Next time I will not use the PDF-paging :laugh:

Regards,

Wijnand Lindelauf

40 minutes ago, wijnand said:

With this simulation, you always learn new stuff! I always assumed the converted freighters had all the stuff installed (apart from the nosedoor) you would find on a 747F.

True enough.  This bird in particular has a glamorous history earning the moniker Queen of the Skies; however, her original developers never expected her to be a commercial success based on passengers alone and from the beginning she had the cockpit above and strengthened deck structure to support cargo service.  The converted freighters simply have interiors removed, cargo decking installed and a side cargo door.  There's not much need for anything more than that.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP