Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Ortho4XP updating overlays based on hd mesh v4?

Can someone point out the proper way to update all of my tiles to hd mesh v4 ortho overlays?

I did see the script on the web for updating but i couldnt get it to work right

I then thought i could run the batch process from the map, painstakingly clicking on hundreds of tiles which i did.. skipping downloads.. but i'm thinking i needed to only do the overlay portion only (only check this on the batch), i think i checked off things like use existing mesh and build overlays..

My issue i ran into is that i basically lost a bunch of dds files, now xp wont load many of my airports (if not every one i botched)..

So i'm wondering what the correct semi manual way to do this for hundreds of tiles is.. is it still just checking off the build overlays on the map window.. or a combo of that plus others on the main window (i had it set to skip downloads and converts, which i think caused the deletion somehow)..

How are most updating things?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I know it's been a while...did you ever get this answered?  I'm looking for the answer as well.  I think you just put your HD Mesh folder above your Ortho files in the .INI file.  No need to redo the Ortho builds.  Not sure though.

Hi.
Mesh files go below the Ortho files; not above.  The mesh is the wireframe that supports the orthos above them.

Hope that helps.

Ron