Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Saitek Proflight Yoke & BU0536A Problem

I had posted my problem over on the XPlane forum but so far haven't had any help.  

I saw the Saitek yoke dead zone fix on YouTube so I decided to try it.  I ordered and installed the small circuit board and am real happy with the result.  No dead zone at all.  I had already done the rubber band fix and it helped also.  My problem is that I normally fly P3d v4 even though I have Xplane, FSW, and Aerofly FS2 installed on my system.  The other day I decided to fly Xplane but the yoke didn't work.  I could calibrate it ok within Xplane but once I went to fly, the yoke (graphical) wouldn't move.  Tried everything I could within Xplane and sometimes the yoke would jump around like crazy.  No control at all.  Decided to see how it reacted within FSW and Aerofly - same result.  No go.  I suspect that there is some conflict between the BU0836A mod and Proflight yoke because  when I removed the Proflight yoke selection within the Windows Control panel  it worked ok within Xplane.  Didn't try it with FSW and Aerofly.  The problem with doing that though is that I also lose my Saitek throttle functionality.

So, right now I'm stuck for an answer.  Basically I'm asking if anyone else has done this mod and experience this same problem.  Thanks for any help.

Jim

2 hours ago, planenut said:

So, right now I'm stuck for an answer

You don't say exactly what you have done, so it's hard to be specific. It sounds like you have retained the existing Pro Flight controller and just connected the aileron and elevator potentiometers to the Bodnar board. Or perhaps you have retained the old controller to manage the buttons. Regardless, I can't see how there should be any problem if you have completely disconnected the pots from the old board. If there was an incompatibility between the Saitek yoke and the Bodnar board it would have been long discovered, I would have thought.

Regarding having lost the throttle quad, you could just connect the throttle axes to the Bodnar board too, as it has more than enough analogue inputs. In my experience you would have to lose the buttons on the quads, as the switches are very difficult to unsolder. But your axes should work fine.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Hey Mark,

Thanks for replying.  I did completely disconnect the wires to the two pots and connected the Bodnar  board to them.  It works perfectly in P3d, just not in Xplane.  Actually it started working in FSW after I deleted and reinstalled that sim.  The Proflight yoke is still listed in the Devices and Printers in the Windows Control Panel.  As I said, in Xplane the BU0836A is listed and there is movement when calibrating, however, there is none within the aircraft after the calibration is done.  Don't know what it is about Xplane that is causing the problem.  I might have to go the route you suggested of connecting the throttle axes to the Bodnar board.  Thanks for that suggestion.

Jim