Sign in to follow this  
kandilgeorge1

P3D v4.2 GTX 750 Ti Settings

Hi,

I have a gtx 750 ti and an i3 4170 @ 3.70 GHz.I'm trying to find some good settings for my sim which balance performance and quality.I own these addons: 

Ftx Global Base Pack

Ftx Global Vector

Ftx Global openLC Europe

ASCA

PTA 

I NEED HELP!Please don't tell me to upgrade my pc.

Thanks,

George

The main scenery installed is FTX Global so you must follow the recommended suggestions for settings for their products.  I suspect you have no AI program other than the default.  A commercial AI program would affect your overall settings when you are balancing things.  Scenery settings are based on the eye-of-the beholder and the scenery and aircraft loaded.  I doubt many members have the i3 4170 with a GTX 750TI so performance is going to have to be based on the speed or 3.70GHz and your video card.  This is sufficient to run P3Dv4.2 but not with max settings.  In fact, I cannot max out my settings and enjoy P3D even though I have a very powerful system (see specs in signature). 

I am pretty sure FTX has recommended settings for FTX Global based on your system specs.  They do for the FTX/Orbx scenery products like the Pacific Northwest, SoCal, NoCal, etc.  On the first page of the settings, I have everything maxed except I turned off FXAA and Texture Resolution is lowered to 2048.  You might lower the AA to 4xMSAA.  This setting is a FPS killer.  For terrain, I would recommend the same as mine - LOD Max; Tess - High; Mesh - 5m; and Texture resolution at 7cm.  I have my high-resolution terrain textures uncheck as I mostly fly the heavies; Water at Ultra; Reflections only on User Vehicle.  I found the cloud reflections took up a lot of FPS.  For Autogen - well I hate it and it is a FPS killer so I have it turned off.  I would keep it at normal if you plan on wanting to watch buildings and trees pop up occasionally.  I have dynamic 3D autogen turned off. Lighting - HDR turned off; Dynamic Reflections - off; no dynamic lighting; Landing lights and lens flare - on.  Shadows - medium; Draw distance low; Cast and Receive on Internal/External Vehicle.

This is what I like and I think everything looks great but I don't have FTX Global but GEP3D (World) instead.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

i have a i7 3gn 3.4ghz and a gtx 750ti, so pretty much the same how yours or even less powerfull processor... i run p3d v4.2 with all settings in middle and i have good resault, some minor stutternes sometimes but nothing annoying, even in complex airports with AI traffic and complex aircraft, for example i can be in Flytampa rebooted KTPA with a 737 PMDG and ai traffic in 100% with an OVC and RA in WX and i still have arround 20-30 fps and i can go up to 60fps in other sceneries or cruise level, p3d is very well optimised LM did a great job about it, amaze me the fact that i can not run fsx but i can run p3d almost as smooth as fs9...

i have ORBEX base,open LC, vector,hd trees, freemesh for all world, ai traffic, AS or p3d, ASCA, PMDG747, aerosoft CRJ7/9, envtext envshade, and many sceneries from flytapa and others... run freemap also at the same time....