Sign in to follow this  
robs

Auto launch Vox ATC

Is there a way of getting Vox ATC to launch automatically instead of having to start it from the panels?

(Very annoying if your aircraft has more than 9 panels!)

Especially interested if you can set up simstarter as an option to lauch voxatc automatically or not launch it!

(You might want to do some FSX gliding so start your engine and taxying is tricky!)

Rob

Rob,

The short answer is no.

VOXATC has three components. The first two are gauges that are built into the user aircraft  (via entries in panel.cfg) and they are actually just Windows dynamic link libraries (DLLs). For them to be started automatically, they would have to be coded as such. The main gauge is a 2D panel with a button to start everything in motion. First, an exe file is loaded that maintains the ATC and AI aircraft logic. Next, the second gauge (another 2D panel) is activated which displays a log of communications. Last, the user's flight plan is analyzed, as are all the AI aircraft and flight schedule databases. This analysis subsequently produces the correct AI and ATC.

Jay

Edited by jabloomf1230

Hi thanks for the answer.

I was looking into Spad.next as well.

Is there a was of using Spad.next to turn on Vox ATC panel from a spare button?

So you don't have to faff opening a guage then clicking with a mouse?

Without having a better idea of the internal workings of the gauge (pun intended) I don't see any way of doing what you propose. However at the OS level there is AutoHotkey:

https://autohotkey.com/

It may be possible to write a script but you would have to figure out the window and button IDs for the panel window.

It may be a lot easier just to email the VOXATC developer and ask him to add a future option for autostart.😳

Robs,

From Spad.next you assign a button to send a "Panel_7-Event" where Panel_ is the number from your panel.cfg where VOX is added.

In my case I have added VOX to: Window07=VoxATC                        //VoxATC:

Robs,

Disregard my previous post, I misread your question and thought you where asking how to assign a button open the window.

To do that, can't one just create a default scenario with the VOXATC panel already open? 

It's a lot trickier to automate the start button.

A default scenario should probably work. I have it assigned to a key on my Logitech G13 and open it, click on enable when I start setting up my AC. Easy to hide / bring up when needed.