Sign in to follow this  
JesC

Cessna 310R Redux and Engine Sounds

There is a whirring sound after I turned off *everything* in the cockpit. What is making this sound? Thanks.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

likely that is the door pump....

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

2 hours ago, Milviz said:

likely that is the door pump....

That's what I thought. I opened and closed the door and sealed it. I also turned off the master avionics and the battery switch. Alternators, fuel pump, magnetos and lights are off. Throttles, props and mixtures are pulled aft (except that the props aren't feathered). I would think that would stop the whirring sound. Maybe I'm supposed to wait?

My first time posting a video with audio. I hope it works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggfy9syd4kijm6f/Monitor IPC_024C (S32) %3D 483928 2020-02-23 14-15-52.mp4?raw=0

The sound is discernible or more noticeable if you use earplugs.

Edited by oneleg
Additional details about the sound

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

please get on the support forums for this.  I am not, sadly, fully cognizant of how to turn it off (or on, for that matter)...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, shivers9 said:

Thanks for that info Les. I did not know that and kelp reducing the throttles on approach and did not notice the airspeed and smashed into the approach lights at KPNS. LOL teeth hair and eyeballs for miles! LOL

All aircraft equipped with constant speed propellers have a noise changes during their operational cycle. At TO, the prop is moved to the high RPM position, full throttle is applied. Usually at 500 feet the first power reduction is made with a reduction in MP by retarding the throttle, a slight change in noise is heard, followed by reduction in RPM by retarding the prop control, again, another noticeable noise change. The same applies with making a decent. i.e.:  cruising at 23 or 24 square in the C310, pulling the throttle back with result in a reduction of MP and a noise level degrease. The prop control is moved to a higher RPM as the final approach is established, in case of a go around, also unloading the MP of the engine cylinders.  Hope this helps. This is what happens in a real C-310R

However Milviz C-310 still has a noise problem with throttle reduction.

Asticou