Sign in to follow this  
AndyH23

XP Reality GTN 750

Hi.

I am running the 6.21 version of the trainer and creating flight plans and saving within X Plane. Where are these stored? I'd like to have a central repository for plans to be stored via the trainer and other third party planners that export in gfp format. I appreciate that plans go in goes in the FPLN folder but they are not read/found in the catalog function. Do the flight plans need a way point file also like the default example even if they are planned utilizing existing established way points? 

Many Thanks

Andy Holmes

Edited by AndyH23

15 minutes ago, AndyH23 said:

Hi.

I am running the 6.21 version of the trainer and creating flight plans and saving within X Plane. Where are these stored? I'd like to have a central repository for plans to be stored via the trainer and other third party planners that export in gfp format.

Many Thanks

Andy Holmes

Not using X plane. Still FSX. But try looking in the folders under C:\Program Data\Garmin.  Should be a set of GTN related folders. There is a difference in storage between flight plans stored internally in the GTN units and those (.gfp) positioned for import.  The plans and user waypoints stored internally are typically in a subfolder named "nonvol", containing files with a naming convention of "sys_nandx", where x is a letter corresponding to the model of GPS.  The letter sequence is I believe detailed in the RXP GTN Users Guide.  For example my GTN 750(1) and (2) are "sys_nandi" and "sys_nandj".

The sys_nand files are large and the date and time of the file(s)  does not change after the date of installation.  That is due to Garmin, not RXP.  Once you find them you will need to back them up occasionally, as you make changes and additions/deletions to your internally stored plans.

The .gfp files you want to position for import need to be placed in a folder named "FPLN" somewhere within the GTN related folder structure. I say somewhere as the location may vary from FSX (me) to X Plane (you). The RXP Guide should point you in the right direction on the proper location for that folder.  The GTN Import function will not show you any files (.gfp) to import if their folder is not in the correct location. 

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere