Sign in to follow this  
Abq Vlieger

AFCAD alignment for add on airports

I am having a lot of problems with gate alignments at different airports.  The most recent is KSEA.  I have recently moved to P3D v4.2 from FS9 and do have some understanding of flight simming. I do see that there is also a lot of changes.  Is there any one place, or two, where the AFCAD files are placed in P3D?  It seems that there are many programs that are creating their own AFCAD files for any given airport.  FTX Vector, UT Live, SODE, FSDT GSX etc.  Is there any program that can identify where all of the AFCAD files have been placed?

Thank you for any advice or help.

Ryan

15 minutes ago, Abq Vlieger said:

FTX Vector, UT Live, SODE, FSDT GSX etc. 

UT Live, SODE and GSX don’t include AFCADS.

FTX Vector on the other hand has some that need to be disabled when using addon airports. The tool can be found at the link below.

15 minutes ago, Abq Vlieger said:

Is there any program that can identify where all of the AFCAD files have been placed?

You can you this to locate duplicate AFCADs.

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Generally, an airport addon will place the AF or Airport File (aka AFCAD) along with other scenery bgls in the addon scenery folder.  Generally, SODE does not work with AF files as far as jetways... not sure about other things the engine might do but generally all SODE files in the the programdata SODE area.  Orbx Vector does not us  AF files either; however, it becomes a factor when there are elevation issues and  that is a different subject.  Orbx regions, such as FTX Pacific Northwest, will have airport AF files for most airports in that region and these are always found in the scenery folder for that region, such as <P3Dv4>\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery in the case of KSEA.  Orbx has a compatibility forum and it is a good idea to check there to see for example how to make FTX PNW play well with T2G KSEA.  GSX uses the AF file that exists, and keeps track so if you change AF files it will recognize that and can have separate custom settings for each AF.  I've seen comments in forums that indicate traffic programs may also have AF files, but my knowledge of such things is nill due to lack of interest in artificial traffic.

The simple airport scanner by Scruffyduck does not yet support P3Dv4.  It does not recognize the addon xml structure.  If you suspect duplicate AF files the first place to look is in an Orbx region, if you have one of those.  Not many other things besides traffic programs and airport/regional sceneries will add AF files to the mix.

The location of addons has made major step forward (in most folks opinion, others dislike the changes) by creating addon structure that is separate from the P3D file and folder structure, the chief advantage being you can easily add not only scenery but effects, autogen, simbojects and just about any object via this new method.  I recommend you review the Addon section in the P3D Learning Center or look at that same information in the SDK.

Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP