Adrian Black

PMDG 747 Crashes on Start-up

Good day everyone,

For the past couple days, i've been having an issue where the PMDG 747 crashes on start up. The sim will load to 100%, but then crash. The 737 and FSLabs A320 work absolutely fine with no issues. I haven't installed any new scenery in this time, and have tried loading the aircraft at several locations, with the same outcome. I have read that the issue might be caused by a Windows Update, but to my knowledge i haven't seen the computer update recently.

I have reinstalled the aircraft several times, and reinstalled the P3D Client and Content, with no hope. If anyone has suggestions or diagnosis, it would be must appreciated.\

Thanks,

Adrian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Real names on the forum please, first and last as per rules.

Which P3D version? What is your startup situation at P3D?

2 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Real names on the forum please, first and last as per rules.

Which P3D version? What is your startup situation at P3D?

Sorry, changed my name.

I'm on P3D V4.2 and the startup situation is default. I then change the aircraft, airport and time as usual, click ok. It loads to 100%, then crashes.

1 hour ago, Adrian Black said:

Sorry, changed my name.

I'm on P3D V4.2 and the startup situation is default. I then change the aircraft, airport and time as usual, click ok. It loads to 100%, then crashes.

This sounds like the known issue on P3Dv4.2 and the 744. This will be fixed in the next release of P3D from LM.

For now check the below.

Make sure you have the latest version (you can check the OC to see it).

One workaround is to load the F22 at the airport you want and then switch to the 744

The other is to turn off the Miscellaneous Text options from P3d Settings -> Information.

• Like 1