I have a new PC dedicated to FSX and it is has Windows 10 installed.  FSX works fine, but my HAT-Track from VR Insight (now discontinued) crashes every time I try to connect it with "simconnect" and, yes I do have the latest FSUIPC installed.  Does anyone know of a fix for this or of an alternative for tracking the scene with movement of the head?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

3. If you play MSFSX, please go to the “Game Interface” of “Setting” of HAT-Track
software and check “Simconnect” is checked.
4. Check your game view is in 3D mode or not.
MSFS9 2004 : Default cockpit view is 2D. Press “S” button to change 3D virtual cockpit
view.
MSFSX : Go to main game screen. Find “Setting” and click. Find “Customize…” and
click. Find “Aircraft” and verify “3-D virtual cockpit” of “Default cockpit view”
is checked.
5. If you play MSFSX, before using HAT-Track, please do software patch
(Acceleration, SP1, SP2) first.
6. Even if FSUIPC4.x is properly installed and it says its okay, but you load MSFSX
and still find no "Add-Ons" menu. In this case, it is simply a matter of telling the
firewall or privacy program to trust FSX, to move it to the trusted and internet
zones.

Try reinstalling simconnect, would be my suggestion.

Edited by Penzoil3

Penzoil3:

Thanks for responding to my issue with HAT-Track.

The problem continues nevertheless.  I cannot find the Acceleration nor the SP1 patches.  I can find SP2 but that won't work without the SP1.

As for HAT-Track itself, FS X is not 'hot' in the HAT-Track Settings box.  There is no way I can see to "check" "Simconnect".  It is just simply loaded into the Settings page.  I am having no problem with flying SFX  It's getting HAT-Track to work that is the issue.  In fact today, the blue light is on in the receiver when I start or restart the PC, but as soon as I open HAT-Track the light goes off.  This has occurred after a complete reinstall of HAT-Track!

This is quite frustrating!

Phillip M