Sign in to follow this  
flyingpicket

A few questions about Lorby Live Traffic

Hi, 

Firstly; thanks very much for providing this program, there are a couple of things I’d like to ask about. I’m using Real Traffic and have just about every AI aircraft know to mankind on my PC but I never see any B777-300ERs displayed in-game. I do a lot of flying out of Dubai and Heathrow and have yet to see one B77W. Is there something you can adjust to display the ER version?

When I’m looking at the traffic in my area and a default commercial jet is used to depict an airline flight and I right click to ‘Change Model’ the program doesn’t seem to remember my choice even though I have the correct model and airline livery.

Lastly, most of the time the program says ‘displaying 9/16 aircraft’. Why doesn’t it display 16/16 aircraft? Could VMR generator help match types and liveries? I’m sure it’s not that simple of course.

Thanks again, 

Jeremy.

27 minutes ago, flyingpicket said:

Hi, 

Firstly; thanks very much for providing this program, there are a couple of things I’d like to ask about. I’m using Real Traffic and have just about every AI aircraft know to mankind on my PC but I never see any B777-300ERs displayed in-game. I do a lot of flying out of Dubai and Heathrow and have yet to see one B77W. Is there something you can adjust to display the ER version?

When I’m looking at the traffic in my area and a default commercial jet is used to depict an airline flight and I right click to ‘Change Model’ the program doesn’t seem to remember my choice even though I have the correct model and airline livery.

Lastly, most of the time the program says ‘displaying 9/16 aircraft’. Why doesn’t it display 16/16 aircraft? Could VMR generator help match types and liveries? I’m sure it’s not that simple of course.

Thanks again, 

Jeremy.

Hello Jeremy,

• B77W: none of the packages matches an ER to a model, except the new BVAI database. So you can't see one.
  • You are changing the model for a flight, not for a specific aircraft. The app cannot remember this, there is no frame of reference. I would have to build an additional database for that. Instead of changing the model on the fly, I suggest that you change the model in the database editor - for good. I didn't want to do this with the context menu, because it may happen that you want to keep BOTH models (see my E190/E195 example below). So simply overwriting what is in the database is not an option for me. I would have to allow multiple mappings, an option that I have contemplated but did not have the time to implement.
  • A great number of flights is lacking sufficient data to display anything. For example, GA is practically never displayed.
  • And there are a great many flights that are not matching to any of the AI model databases. I know, because I created all of them manually. For example, there are a lot of E190 Lufthansa AI models. But the actual flights are mostly E195s, so they don't match. It is impossible to know this in advance - it can only be corrected manually, when the actual flights happen. So I've implemented dialogs to manually correct the models.

This program doesn't even try to be perfect - it is just an experiment. You can improve the matching rate by adding your own models to the database and by manually providing the necessary matching criteria - that is what the database editor dialog is for.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

46 minutes ago, flyingpicket said:

Cool, thanks. 

Hello Jeremy,

I have just updated LLTX to version 1.07. It can handle multiple assignments to the same AI model now. As a consequence, it will also remember when you change a mapping with the "Change model" context menu on the main list.

And I strongly suggest to update to BVAI - it seems to me that this package has by far the most current models.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Update: v1.07 and BVAI has been the best combination so far. Plenty of traffic and no default aircraft. Very please, much appreciated. 

J.