Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Missing import button in GTN750?

8 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Rename the folder. Create a new EMPTY one

use LittleNav Map to create a plan and export in the gfp format. LNM will put it in the default folder.

try to import - if no import button - you have an issue with the 750 install.

I don't think this is the issue but have you checked your font size - oversize type can push a button off screen. Just a shot in the dark.

Vic

Hi Vic-

No luck on all counts. Looks like I'm in the 'wait until it gets fixed' cohort.

Cheers,

Mark

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Hi Vic-

No luck on all counts. Looks like I'm in the 'wait until it gets fixed' cohort.

Cheers,

Mark

Hard cheese then. Are you sure you tried a working setup like they do over on my forum? 

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Mark, When, and perhaps after what, did yours stop working?

Another thing to try is delete the non vol mem if you have been using a planner that doesn't know this could be stopped with incorrect data

..\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\GTN2nonvol

...and check the permissions to that folder too. The odd things that are done to these sims with regards to security could cause problems, running as Admin does not assure you have permissions - only privileges. A change in there could lock you out after some stage as admins don't automatically have access to your files.

Apologies - I forgot to paste in the full path:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\GTN2nonvol

The C:\ProgramData is the physical location of 

C:\Users\All Users [\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\GTN2nonvol]

8 hours ago, SteveW said:

Hard cheese then. Are you sure you tried a working setup like they do over on my forum? 

Where can I find this?

Mark, When, and perhaps after what, did yours stop working?

It's never worked, the Import function.

...and check the permissions to that folder too. The odd things that are done to these sims with regards to security could cause problems, running as Admin does not assure you have permissions - only privileges. A change in there could lock you out after some stage as admins don't automatically have access to your files.

If you don't mind me asking, how is this done? Including taking ownership? I deleted and recreated the folder as suggested in an earlier thread, uninstalled/reinstalled the GTN, re-downloaded a SimBrief route and a LNM route just for good measure. Nada.

There's a recommended way of installing P3D in the installing section of the forum.

So it never worked, ever.

If you make your own folders you own it so you have access by default. I said earlier that takes care of testing the access, usually.

You mean the non-vol folder was re-created?

All I can say is I've got guys tell me they have it working. No Problemo.

Any common factors have you been suspicious of? I mean for example something like you have latest Win10 and others have a slightly older version? Sure you downloaded the correct model? Is there a few options I can't remember exactly.

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Thanks.

I've been in touch with F1 and I am having a look into it. Do you have the complete pack?

20 minutes ago, SteveW said:

I've been in touch with F1 and I am having a look into it. Do you have the complete pack?

Yes, the 750/650 pack. As far as I can tell, everything else works just fine. if you make any headway on this, I will post it over at Flight1 as there are many others with the same problem with no answer from them other than 'we're working on it'; since last November.