Posted (edited)

Hi everybody,

Recently I bought a Carenado CT210M for X-Plane 11. During an investigation of problems I encountered with the BENDIX/KING HOL Display readouts, I discovered the following:

When I clicked the "DME" button on the audio selection panel, I heard in morse code the ID "AFI". At that time I was doing a test flight in Belgium, near the city of Liège (EBLG). I started Navigraph Charts Desktop app and searched for the ID "AFI". The Navrigraph app told me that this ID belongs to a VOR-DME station at the city of "Affligem", Belgium, some 60 nm north of the city of Liège (if I remember well the direction). The frequency of this VOR-DME being: 114.9 MHz. Because I was not too far away from that station I decided to fly to it.

I was asking myself: how come I hear this VOR-DME station while I had the X-Plane 530 (NAV1 / VLOC1) tuned to MAS VOR (106.8 MHz) and the X-Plane 430 (NAV2/VLOC2) tuned to LGE VOR (115.45 MHz) ?

Next I turned on the X-Plane 11 Data Output for DME. I saw that the last column of this Data Output, with the caption "DME-3" was constantly giving the value "114.90" which is the frequency of the Affligem VOR-DME (in this region where I was flying the CT210M X11).

There is/was no way to control the obviously fixed tuning to 114.9 MHz of the DME, of which the audio (morse code) could be heard via the DME button on the audio panel.

Anyone that has more knowledge about this ? I would appreciate your reaction.

Paulsk

Edited by paulsk

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!