Posted (edited)

It seems that LNM cannot generate a transatlantic flight plan. Example ENGM - CYHZ will return "Cannot find route. Try another routing type or create flight plan manually" error. LNM will generate the plan from ENGM to BIKF, as a test, without problems. It will not generate BIKF to CYHZ. Using High Altitude/Jet airways option. LNM v1.8.5.

Is LNM no able to generate across the pond flight plans, or I am doing something wrong? Thnx.

Cheers

Edited by YYZ342

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You're not doing something wrong. The airway based route calculation methods need airways which are missing over the North Atlantic. It  cannot simply jump from waypoint to waypoint.
For now you can create a direct flight plan  from ENGM to CYHZ. Then select waypoints on both coasts where the airway system ends, add these to the flight plan and calculate flight plans segments ("Calculate for Selected legs") between these points. So, from ENGM to Irish West coast (or whatever is near the flight plan line) and CYHZ to NA East cost. Across the Atlantic it will be a direct connection.

I need to add functionality for NAT and PACOT tracks. This will solve the problem. But I have no idea when since it is quite a bit of work.

Alex