Sign in to follow this  
flyingjohn50

Unable to reinstall 737 after removal

After flying with P3d v3.4.22 19868 Setup for awhile, I just purchased v4 and installed it.  I was advised somewhere that my PMDG 737 would only install in P3dv4 if I first removed it from V3,  with the assurance that I could add it back to V3 anytime later.  I did the uninstall  and installed it into V4 with no issue.  Now I want to have the 737 installed back into P3d V3,   but the installer blocks me with this message: "An outdated version of Prepar3d v3 has been detected.  Before you can install this PMDG product you will need to update Prepar3d."    Well, I did a full new download of P3dv3,  which is most certainly current, but PMDG still blurts out the same message.  Any suggestions?  As I said,  the PMDG was working great in v3 until I removed it.   Thanks.  John

"Well, I did a full new download of P3dv3" Are you sure you downloaded V4? 

Yes,  I paid the 60.00 for it too!  Just deleted and re-installed the "Client" folder in P3d v3,  along with the main config file following the suggestions of Pete on this youtube: 

and got the PMDG to install.    All is good! Thanks for your response(S).