Sign in to follow this  
Sixpounder175

P3D Startup problem

Hi all,

I just recently bought a new pc and P3D worked find when i first installed it. After trying to make some joystick calibration changes the game suddenly crashed and everytime I start it up it comes up with the message that Prepar3D exe has stopped working. I can't work out why it's done this so randomly just from a joystick calibration change. I was having problems with the controls before it crashed as the rudders were not responsive and the joystick felt stiff and the game randomly froze when control imputs were excessive. Maybe my joystick is too old for the game? It is from at least 2005. Can anyone help me as I am extremely confused right now? I've uninstalled P3D including the addons such as PMDG and Active sky and it's still giving me the stopped working message.

Many thanks

As stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, when you start up P3D, it loads everything in the dll.xml.  If one of the modules is outdated or corrupted, the sim will not start up.  Did you use the FSUIPC utility to calibrate your joystick?  See page 14, AVSIM CTD Guide regarding the troubleshooting of the dll.xml (there are two).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't have FSUIPC, I only have active sky for P3DV4 And REX 4 with soft clouds. I tried to calibrate the joystick in the P3D settings.

Is there a faulting module shown in the Event Viewer?  I cannot see how calibration of a joystick could cause P3D to crash.  P3D does not need a joystick to run.

To get to the Event Viewer, goto Search, type E, look up in the menu and click on Event Viewer.  Once open go to Custom Views>Administrative Events (which shows every Event.  Look for the latest P3D crash event.  Any faulting module?

Make sure you have the latest version of ASP4 installed and you also installed their simconnect.  There should be an entry in the dll.xml in Username/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3Dv4 as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've managed to get p3d working again on another windows account but I have another problem now. My joystick is not working properly. It works but not smoothly, it feels stiffer and i keep hearing usb disconnect sounds every time i move the joystick in game which seems to cause the game to freeze for a split second. I'm not off to a great start with P3D which isn't what i expected 😕