Sign in to follow this  

How to change default Maule's AP vertical speed?

I feel quite stupid but I can't find a way to change the default vertical speed on the AP of the default Maule. It's 700 by default which is a but too much. Anyone knows how to change it on the AP...?

Open aircraft.cfg and search for default_vertical_speed= and change it to your default vs.

Richard

4 hours ago, riwig said:

Open aircraft.cfg and search for default_vertical_speed= and change it to your default vs.

Richard

Ah, LOL, that's an option indeed. But I'd rather be able to change it during a flight! I'll do this anyway so thanks for the tip!

31 minutes ago, J van E said:

Ah, LOL, that's an option indeed. But I'd rather be able to change it during a flight! I'll do this anyway so thanks for the tip!

If the pic I'm including in this post is a good indication of what the Maule's A/P panel looks like, I see your point!  Strange that it doesn't seem to include a way to change the VS while flying.

FSX-Pilote_Automatique_Maule_Orion_1.jpg

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

8 minutes ago, charliearon said:

If the pic I'm including in this post is a good indication of what the Maule's A/P panel looks like, I see your point!  Strange that it doesn't seem to include a way to change the VS while flying.

FSX-Pilote_Automatique_Maule_Orion_1.jpg

That's the one indeed. Although this very clearly isn't a picture of the default P3D Maule. Is this from an addon maybe? Freeware, payware...? Anyway, there MUST be some sort of trick to get it done but I just can't figure it out. In the meantime I changed the default VS to 500 and that's an improvement already.

EDIT
FOUND IT! But's it's not a realistic simming solution LOL You have to hover the mouse pointer over the VS number on the display (as if it is some sort of touch screen) and then you can change the VS! I'd rather have a more realistic option to do this but well, at least this works... 😉

Edited by Guest

Ah, good!  The magical mouse-hoover trick.  Who'd a thunk it?

It was from a Maule M-7 260C Orion.😲

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Or, try:

Pitch for airspeed, throttle for rate of descent

Something I’ve always remembered from my fixed wing model flying days. Always worked well.

Regards,

Mike