Sign in to follow this  
HighFlier

Full Motion Flight Sim Experience

I recall reading a thread a while ago about putting our experience with PMDG aircraft to the test in a Level D simulator. The OP mentioned a Boeing 777 Level D full motion sim down in Miami. I happen to be headed down to Miami this summer, and I figured it would be an opportunity not to miss. However, after hours (literally) of google searches, I can not find anything of the such. I only managed to come across the Boeing Training & Flight Services Miami facility, which seemed to only be for real pilot training, not an aviation enthusiast looking to spend a couple hours in a Level D sim. Can anyone shed some light on where the OP went?

Side note: During my research I did come across a company called Flyanairliner, but the website no longer exists and their Facebook & Twitter pages haven’t had a post since 2015.

James,

Check out Pan Am Academy, they have something called airline pilot for a day where you can book up to 2 hours in a FFS...

Hope this helps

John

I can't compare the PMDG to a full motion 737 Sim as I have only flown the 767 and A320 at the Air Canada Training Facility.  I have however flown the Threshold Aviation 737 FBT with a friend who flies with a friend who flies the actual aircraft for a major Canadian carrier and the professional PMDG version which is used is very accurate by what he indicated to me.

http://www.thresholdaviation.com/categories/737-Next-Generation-Airliner-Simulator-Packages/

Check out the website and it will tell you a little about it!

Rick

HighFlier, I posted that months ago.  I was looking for someone to share a 777 simulator with me.  I did that last month. No one took up my free offer  - so I did it alone.   I spent 2.5 hours in the sim doing a complete flight (from KJFK gate - cold dark cockpit to KBOS gate) in nasty & foggy weather..  That took about 45 minutes ( we slewed a bit on the way) .  Then I did multiple take offs & landings in KSFO, KJFK and KBOS.  JFK Caransie /Parkway 13L is my favorite.

I have working relation with this facility and am cleared to use them anytime I want ( I go every 2 years) .  I am not sure if they'll entertain others.  Cost $550/hour.

Things to remember - 1 graphics stink compared to FSX/P3D.  Also most airports are not on the sim.  They only have select airports you can fly into.  Couldn't try an emergency (with 777)  landing into KLGA - it was not there!  They have many other sims.

PMme if you want more details.

Paul Gugliotta

Paul Gugliotta