Sign in to follow this  
mdevrindt

VA and Xplane 11

I have the mcp,efis and Virtual cdu all working great in p3dv4!  But....

I’m new on xplane 11 and unable to get the mcp and efis working. 

Do the modules work with the default xplane 11 planes? The icon of va modules is green, the mcp is showing 0 signs but they do not interact with the simulator at all. What am i missing? Choosing a different profile in the configurator does not help. The status in the va configurator program is showing xplane11 and showing the actual choosen plane like Cessna 182 or boeing 737. 

The Windows firewall is off. So no problem with incomming or outgoing connections. Installed the 2.6 version (the va plug-in is installed and active in xplane). Installing 2.5 version does not help to resolve the problem.

What am i missing? Please advice. 

Thank you. 

Anyone willing to help me with this?

Or are the Xplane users not using the VA modules...?

Regards Mike

I didn't think VA made their products for XP11. I use webfmc from the Xplane org store for the Zibo 737, FF320 and IXEG 737-300.  Remote CDU from Mark foti is the best choice in p3d. Those work great for PMDG and soon if not now for aerosoft crj. Couldn't get VA working for p3d v4. Gave up on it. The Xplane remote fmc is a lot easier to set up then VA. As far as your mcp and efis there is a software on the Internet you have to buy to make it work in XP11. Go to the forums on xplane.org or find jonfly on twitch tv who uses it extensively in his streams. You can get him on discord to find out info. Find jonfly on YouTube also and find one of his mcp steams.

Edited by t4murphy

:P Timothy Murphy

In my understanding, the VA interface module does indeed offer "support" for XPlane11. (There is an win.xpl file in the VAInterface/modules folder which gets copied to the xplane/resources/plugins folder when VAInterface is first run.)

But it doesn't work.

In my case XP11.26 just crashes when this file is installed.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

I've tried to get the mcp working on X-plane 11.30 and IXEG737. The closest I can come to a response from the mcp is the default model, but only bottons are working. I've tried to install the win.xpl file manually and also automatically in the VA menu, but nothing helps.

Hopefully someone from VA can tell us when we might be able to use the VAInterface with X-plane.