Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Does someone have real world experince flying in Spain?

Posted (edited)

As the title suggests. I have a hard time understading the VFR charts in Spain (I am a real World pilot in Sweden). My main problem is the ATZ airspace that surround each and every towered airport.

I have started to fly in the Canary islands in P3d v4, and what a beautiful place of the world it is. I just dont understand the controlled ATZ airspace that reaches up to 3000 feet centering each airport while the CTR airspace just go up from ground to 1000 feet (1650 feet). Normally I am not used to ATZ beening controlled airspace and also not higher than the CTR altitude. Any who do you Contact when reaching the CTR during a VFR flight in the Canarias, is it Tower or Approach? the AIP for Tenerife South say eitehr Tower or Approach and Gran Canaria Airport it says to contact Approach.

Say I want to make a flight from La Palma (GCLA) to Tenerife South airport. First I would deal with GCLA ground, then GCLA Tower then either fly below 1650 feet and communiate with no one or climb above 1650 and talk to Canarias Control (119,70 or 124,70). When approaching Tenerife would I contract Tenerife South Approach or Tenreife South Tower?

Also what is the 126,10 frequency. I thought the Canarias ACC was split up in two sectors with the main frequencies above.

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it :)

Edited by mikced76

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

Hello, I am a real pilot in Spain, with vfr flight experience in Canary Islands. You don't have to fear anything because the atc controllers will tell you which freq do  you have to communicate with in every moment of your flight. Keep in mind that the canarian airspace is very very busy. 

Edited by Nesttor77

How nice with some real world experience from flying Spain and especially the Canary islands. I know the controllers will tell me the freq in real life but I wont be flying there in real life :) (unfortunately) only in P3d and I therefor need to tell the simulators what frequencies to give me (in the airport AFX file etc). For exampIe, cant figure out what area the Canarias TMA/CTA cover compared to the Canarias FIR.