Sign in to follow this  
Billmac

Adding additional voices to Pilot2ATC

I apologize if this information has been noted somewhere, but I have had no luck finding the answer to my questions regarding adding additional voices to Pilot2ATC. I have several voices I purchased in the past for use with TextAloud.  I wonder if these voices will work in Pilot2ATc, and if so, how does one go about getting them into P2A?  Thanks.

If the voices you purchased are SAPI5 64 bit Desktop voices, they will likely work.

Voices are installed to Windows via their installation packages.  The are not installed to Pilot2ATC.

After they are properly installed to Windows, and if they are the correct type, then they will appear in the Voices tab of Config in Pilot2ATC.  Just use the Drop-down for each controller to select the voice you want.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I Think they are SAPI, and it gives me the choice to use SAPI5 or 6, or both. They do work fine with Microsoft Word as a text to speech within TextAloud. Wouldn't the fact they are working in word indicate they have been loaded into windows correctly or do I have to reinstall them in another file?  I rechecked P2A and the voices do not appear in the list of voices. If the information gives you no clue what type of voices I have, I'm sorry. I've had the voices for some time and finding information on them does not reveal much. I'll continue looking for more information. Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Happy Flying.

Edited by Billmac

You only install a voice once, to Windows. 

I suspect they are 32 bit voices and if so, will not work with Pilot2ATC.

I had a few ATC voices that were 32 bit and they do not work with the 64bit program.

Some voices have both 32 and 64 bit installations, so if the voice maker can give you the 64bit version, that would likely work with Pilot2ATC.

Dave