Sign in to follow this  
Thorbinio94

747-400 Freighter Main Deck Cargo Lightning

Hello together, 

hoping everything is fine to you.

I have a problem with the -400 freighter model.

The problem is that the interior lights of the main deck cargo deck and forward and after cargo are disappearing after a few times of using the -400 freigter. I mean that the cargo decks are dark at night without any lights. I have no idea how this could happened. I re-insatlled the 747 many times but it happens again and again. After the re-install of the 747 the lights are all working! But after a few times the interior lights of the cargo decks disappearing. No idea why... The cockpit lights are working corrctly with any 747 model! I think this must be a bug but I am not sure. Maybe it can be a bug with the aircraft options. It occurs only with the freighter model. The cabin lights of the passenger models are working correctly.

I have the latest version of the 747 No. 3.00.8466

Can you help me? Did anyone ever had this problem too?

BR Thorben

Is the problem related to main deck cargo power? Are you touching the EXT PWR #2 or APU PWR #2 switches on the overhead panel. See the "Why isn't my cargo door opening" sticky thread.

Cheers

JHW

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

Hello,

last time I started a flight to Oslo from C&D with only single GPU connected. Then I started the APU for the Cargo Doors.

At my destination Airport I started the APU after landing. After stand arrival I requested the GPU but only single GPU so I let the APU running.

I connected EXT-PWR 1 and let APU 1 and 2 as avail.

Then I noticed the dark cargo deck.

Hello,

I tried it again with both EXT-PWR switches on and also APU running. But nothing changes. The main deck cargo and forward and after cargo compartments are still dark. no lights.

Do you have any further ideas?

Sorry, no. The lights should work in both the configurations you mentioned.

I would submit a ticket.

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)