Sign in to follow this  
SO666

pmdG DC-6 Revese thrust

Hi.

Today i was inflight between UKBA 91st bombardment group homebase and EGPB , in the cargo version , all controls through FSUIPC in FSXA on win7 system , i was on auto pilot about 5500ft , needed to get away form sim , to get a hankerchief , came back to see BMEMP `s on zero , fuel seleccted to ALT tanks , had plenty of fuel but aircraft speed dropping and entering a stall , at first i did not know what the issue was, but i figured out what happened , as i hung my headset on my second CH throttle quad , the headset must have caught the switch assigned to water rudder , this in turn operated the reverse thrust , while in flight , thrust revese should be isolated via weight on undercarraige switches , so it should not have operated in flight.

Before submitting a ticket , can some of you do a test while in flight to see if thrust reverse can be activated on your aircraft , some of you with FSUIPC controls and some who dont have FSUIPC controls but have the controls set in FSX only , to try and find where the problem lies.

regards alan cottrill

Alan Cottrill.

1 hour ago, SO666 said:

this in turn operated the reverse thrust , while in flight , thrust revese should be isolated via weight on undercarraige switches , so it should not have operated in flight.

I believe this is the case, but with things being sent through alternate routes (FSUIPC), things can get messy and, as you can see, behave oddly.

1 hour ago, SO666 said:

Before submitting a ticket , can some of you do a test while in flight to see if thrust reverse can be activated on your aircraft , some of you with FSUIPC controls and some who dont have FSUIPC controls but have the controls set in FSX only , to try and find where the problem lies.

Relatively certain it'll be found to be caused by sending things through FSUIPC and not directly to the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.

I asked a member of the 91st bombardment group , who also has this aircraft , to do a test , as he does not use the controls through FSUIPC on the DC-6 , he could not get it to go into reverse while in cruise , so it does appear to be an FSUIPC issue , i have since removed the switch control for the water rudder , and managed through FSUIPC to assign it to a lever instead , so i cannot repeat this accidentle activation in flight.

Under FSUIPC Axis Assignment , i have reverser (send direct to FSUIPC Calibration)

Delta in/out set to -16384

on the RH side to/from set to -16384 and up/down ticked

box ticked and Control sent when range entered set to = Toggle Water Rudder in both top and bottom sections.

the lever has to move from full back to full forward to toggle the reverser so it should eliminate accidentle switching.

regards alan cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.