Neume

Cockpit text jagged

I have noticed the AA in my P3D is fairly terrible. I run 8xMSAA in sim and nothing in the inspector. I notice, watching flight sim streamers, that when they have 8xMSAA set their flight decks look amazing and actually readable. Mine, however, is something else:

hcyFP0w.jpg

I can barely read the text, and even looking in the distance, my night lights flicker and in the day my trees/buildings flicker too.

The only fix I have found for this so far has been to enable 4x SGSS in NI, but that just kills performance in clouds.

My Specs:

i5 7500 @ 3.4GHz, GTX 1060 6GB, 8GB DDR4, Sim installed on secondary 1TB HDD.

Thank you,

Luke.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good AA costs performance. MSAA looks like a basic AA solution. At least that's what I think since I had the same results as you.
Then I found a NI AA settings sheet but indeed, it killed frames.
Now I went with 4xSSAA in P3D only. I don't know if your 1060 can handle it but maybe you can give it a try.

1 minute ago, bvdboomen said:

Good AA costs performance. MSAA looks like a basic AA solution. At least that's what I think since I had the same results as you.
Then I found a NI AA settings sheet but indeed, it killed frames.
Now I went with 4xSSAA in P3D only. I don't know if your 1060 can handle it but maybe you can give it a try.

Thanks for the reply. I tried 4xSSAA and sure enough it makes the text 95% more readable! I still have to test performance in clouds (I fly a lot in the UK so that won't be too difficult 😉

The only issue with it so far I have noticed is that when using dynamic lights, it introduces input lag. I don't use dynamic lights, but the way the 787 is programmed - even with dynamic lighting off, it still performs as if it is on.

But as you say, good AA costs performance.

Thank you!