Sign in to follow this  
tjeuten

SDK question: how to read zone temperatures

Hi,

I'm working on something with the 747 SDK and can manage to read all the events (like switch positions etc) without a problem.

One thing I am interested in is to be able to read the current zone temperatures, i.e. the values indicated in white on the ECS display.

I can read the zone control temperature switch values, but I am more interested in the actual current temperature of each zone so I was wondering if that's extractable from the SDK. Couldn't find a variable in the list at first glance for that.

Thanks for any replies.

Mathieu

Mathieu Souphy

49 minutes ago, tjeuten said:

Hi,

I'm working on something with the 747 SDK and can manage to read all the events (like switch positions etc) without a problem.

One thing I am interested in is to be able to read the current zone temperatures, i.e. the values indicated in white on the ECS display.

I can read the zone control temperature switch values, but I am more interested in the actual current temperature of each zone so I was wondering if that's extractable from the SDK. Couldn't find a variable in the list at first glance for that.

Thanks for any replies.

Mathieu

If the

unsigned char    AIR_TempSelector[6];                // array  0=FLT DECK, 1=MAIN DECK FWD, 2=MAIN DECK AFT,  3=LOWER LOBE FWD, 4=LOWER LOBE AFT, 5=PASS TEMP 0: C ... 60: W ... 70: MAN or ALTN (pass) Does not give these values it meas that there is no option for these.

Can you check the above and if this is not what you want, please open a ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com to have it documented and check with the dev team

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Chris,

thanks for the quick reply.

I have checked these values and these give indeed an indication of the switches positions value, it's not the actual temperatures.

Maybe there's a relation between the switch position and the temperature ? For instance, switch position 0 (cold) could mean 4 degrees (which is the minimum temp for the cargo hold when on automatic.

But position 0 for the flight deck switch would then mean 18 degrees, which is the minimum for the F/D in auto position.

I could try to extrapolate the switch position in relation to the auto temperature range for that zone.

I'll give it another thought and might then consider opening a support ticket, cause there are probably other values (like oil temp, tire pressure, etc) I'm interested in which I don't think are currently available.

Thanks again

Mathieu Souphy