Sign in to follow this  
xrb936

P3D V4.2 Menu Problem

Hi guys,

Recently I have reinstalled the 4.2 version, and I realized that a lot of menus won't work on 4.2, such as ProATC, GSX, Active Sky, etc. They will show up but then close immediately... I searched online but looks like there are lots of users also had this problem back to few months ago. Just want to know has this problem been resolved? Or is there any way to prevent this problem?

Thanks.

This is a bug that comes with 4.2: the sim somehow remembers the last number you pressed and applies it at the very first opportunity. So if you have pressed for instance 2 to confirm what ProATC told you and then open the ProATC InFlight Menu it will immediately apply 2 and hence (in this case) close the window. In other cases it may apply something you don't want at all! 

This (still!) hasn't been solved yet. The work around is to not use numbers to open windows but to use combinations (like control-#) to open a window or to open a window using the mouse (and the menu). If you use control-3 to open the ProATC Inflight Menu and it closes immediately again (because there still was a number in memory) simply use control-3 again and the window will stay open.

The number in memory is only used once so until you use a number again (for whatever reason) every window will stay open without a problem. Using just a number to open for instance the ProATC Inflight Menu will never work because that number will be applied 'once' everytime you do so.  

17 hours ago, J van E said:

This is a bug that comes with 4.2: the sim somehow remembers the last number you pressed and applies it at the very first opportunity. So if you have pressed for instance 2 to confirm what ProATC told you and then open the ProATC InFlight Menu it will immediately apply 2 and hence (in this case) close the window. In other cases it may apply something you don't want at all! 

This (still!) hasn't been solved yet. The work around is to not use numbers to open windows but to use combinations (like control-#) to open a window or to open a window using the mouse (and the menu). If you use control-3 to open the ProATC Inflight Menu and it closes immediately again (because there still was a number in memory) simply use control-3 again and the window will stay open.

The number in memory is only used once so until you use a number again (for whatever reason) every window will stay open without a problem. Using just a number to open for instance the ProATC Inflight Menu will never work because that number will be applied 'once' everytime you do so.  

I see. Thank you so much.

Unbelievable, but this bug is not fixed in 4.3 (at least on my system)

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Hi,

I recently loaded P3Dv4.5 and the problem is still there (at least on my system)

Brgds

Juergen Mader