Sign in to follow this  
PMJ

sage

My Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Hat switch does not work when I push right, left or down, only up.  OS Win 10 Pro, Sim Platform is P3D v4.2.  I tried to send a question to P3D, but their site will not allow newbies to post until they are more active on their site??!!  What every that means!!  It sounds ludicrous, but true. 

After I installed A2As C-182 all worked well.  The next day the hat switch did not work properly.  Also I noticed that the resolution could not be change from 512 x 512 within P3D even after I pressed default which goes to 1920 x1080 then reverts back to 512 x 512. 

I contacted A2A but they said it is not there software but the hardware which is causing the problem.  I could uninstall the 182 but A2A makes the most realistic simware.  Also, reinstalled P3D v4–no change.

Even though I checked the controller which showed the hat switch working in all directions (??), it still does not work in P3D but it does work in FSX.  I don't understand why this is happening since the A2A C-182 is approved for P3D v4.  Is there a glitch in P3D.   

Any suggestions short of uninstalling C-182?

Pat

48 minutes ago, PMJ said:

I tried to send a question to P3D, but their site will not allow newbies to post until they are more active on their site??!!  What every that means!!  It sounds ludicrous, but true. 

Many sites restrict immediate access w/o moderator controls to help prevent evil spammers and hackers from immediately attacking a website.  

50 minutes ago, PMJ said:

My Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Hat switch does not work when I push right, left or down, only up.  OS Win 10 Pro, Sim Platform is P3D v4.2. 

Make sure you have installed the Windows 10 drivers for your ProFlight Yoke.  I had some issues with my Saitek Cyborg X as I was using the drivers that came with Windows 10 and went to their site and downloaded the ones specifically for my hardware and it worked.  Do not use the FSUIPC utility.  Many have had issues with it.  Of course, make sure the product is calibrated.  Make sure you download the 64-bit version of the drivers as P3DV4.2 is a 64-bit application.  FSX is a 32-bit application and you probably were using 32-bit drivers and that's why FSX worked so well.

I have not heard of the Yoke not working properly in P3D.  The yoke is external and P3D uses the settings you have created when calibrating the hardware.  Make sure it is properly identified in the controller settings.  If you have it plugged into a USB port, change the USB port.  Make sure the drivers for the USB ports are up-to-date (I use a freeware program called Driver Booster to check for hardware driver updates).  The licensed version works a bit faster than the freeware version.  There are a lot of programs that provide updates for hardware in your computer.  Microsoft Windows rarely provides updates.  You might need updates for your SATA controllers, sys bus, and the USB ports (I have a fairly new system and I needed a lot of updates!!).

Welcome to AVSIM.  Hopefully you will find a solution to your problem!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Mr. Young,

New Logitech drivers were installed as you suggested for all my Pro Flight Panels.  USB connectors were rearranged on motherboard.  I checked the Key Assignments in P3D:  View (Pan) – Hat switch No1– Slider full forward (that's normal).  I also checked again with the controller, and it shows the hat switch working normally.  Result:  Logitech/Saitek yoke hat switch still only works when you push up.

My research shows that this is not an isolated problem.  It is commented on Logitech's website and P3D.  This was a problem with P3D v3 but apparently has not been corrected.

If I use the keyboard I can pan the cockpit by using shift + arrow keys.  This will have to do for now. 

My feeling is that the A2A accu-sim does not play nicely with P3D.

I would like to thank you for your quick and thoughtful response to my earlier query.

If you hear of anything else please advise.

Thanks, Pat