Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

Lens Flare effects not working 100%...

Good evening gents.

I'm still using P3Dv3.4

I haven't been able to make the lens flare effect work uniformly across all views. The lens flare effect works beautifully from the Spot view, but in the VC (where I really want it to work even more so than Spot view), it is just a plain, no frill sun with no glare whatsoever. I have checked some of the camera defs and cfgs but I think I am missing something somewhere, because no view gives me a good, bright sun glare except for the Spot view. Can someone shed some light on where I can find the cfg settings for this? Would seriously enhance the effect of having the bright, setting/rising sun glare in your face if you're flying into the sun. 

Thanks in advance!

You can find the setting for lens flare effect in vc in the cameras.cfg file.

C:\Users\here_your_name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

change this

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit

ShowLensFlare=TRUE

Thats it. Have fun.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

I use Envshade (performance setting) + Envtex's sun flare set 3 and sun texture depending on the time of year. Try it and you get "sun glare in y our face if you're flying into the sun". Looks real. But you have to enable lensflare in the p3d grafics options. Before envtex I never used lensflare because it is an optical effect you just get when you look thru a optical lens like a video camera. Set 3 gives just a nice glare effect. I think you  wont be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg