Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Question about Service-Based Failures

I read the 777 Intro manual and found the service based failures to be quite a cool feature. I do have a question, however. 

Quoting Page 108 of the Intro Manual

When operating with the Service Based Failures module active, it will be necessary to occasionally have your airplane “serviced” by your line maintenance crews.

Does this mean that over time you'll notice oil/hydraulic levels slowly decreasing? Or is it more of a sudden failure with no indication leading up to the danger? I'm really intrigued by this.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

4 hours ago, Cptmorgan said:

Does this mean that over time you'll notice oil/hydraulic levels slowly decreasing? Or is it more of a sudden failure with no indication leading up to the danger? I'm really intrigued by this. 

Engine oil and hydraulic fluid levels will decrease with time on the airframe, tracked my registration number (tail number).  If you click on the PMDG Options > Aircraft > Failures > All Systems > Maintenance it will display the number of hours remaining in a 250 hr maintenance cycle.  Don't worry, 250 hours is a long time in even in a flight simulator.  Note also that depending on the state of the aircraft if you save a scenario, you might want to check wheel temperatures during preflight before pushback.

Dan Downs KCRP