Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Create a flight plan

Hi.

I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I'm looking for something that will be able to create some flight plans for me.  A very good example is SimBrief, which I love and would pay for if needed!! 

However, I happen to have bought the JustFlight Carenado390, and I happen to HATE manually entering long-winded flight plans. Therefore, I wondered if there was something out there for this aircraft specifically, or does more than SimBrief.  I also have LittleNav Map, but that's a little more tricky than SimBrief.

Any help would be good.

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

There is a good program called Professional Flight Planner which is the final word in flight planning. Everything you need.

However, here is what to do when you are not using PFP.

For commercial airline flights: Simbrief is best. It produces a flight plan and a lot of sundry data for your aircraft for flight planning. There is now a small utility called Simbrief downloader which will down load the final plan into the appropriate folders for you to load directly into your aircraft FMS. Many formats are supported.

For GA flights: Little NavMap is best and it will give you many options to proceed via low/high airways or VOR/VOR etc. You can then upload to the P3D folder for it to be available for your flight. For GA flights, as you might be aware, pilots usually do the flight plans manually and load them up by hand into their GPS unit. If you have the payware GTN units you can take the Little NavMap flight plan and manually input it into the GTN. Or vice versa, use the GTN units and manually set up a flight plan directly there. It's very realistic. 

Hope that helps.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Great stuff. I really appreciate you getting back to me.

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook