Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Chase Plane Won't Start

Chase Plane won't start either automatically with P3D v4.3 or by itself.  Get a message saying "It looks like something unexpected occurred.  A log file will be sent to FSFX packages automatically".  This just started today with no problems prior to or after P3D v4.3 upgrade.  Rebooting computer didn't help.

Jim

Can you manually send the files to us via email? They are located in the ChasePlane directory

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hey Keven,

Tried to send you the log but was bounced back to me stating "This message was blocked due to potential security issue".  Any suggestions on how to get this to you?

Jim

Same thing happening here with P3dv4.3. Uninstalled Chaseplane, restarted PC, re-installed Chaseplane. Still getting the same messages as otheres here. Here is the log file which I think could be the same as others above.

Time (UTC):       7/2/2018 9:35:31 PM
Launch (s):       10.9114795
Sim:              No running sim
Version:          0.4.209.0
Beta:             True
.NET Framework:   4.6 RC or later
Memory:           .09 GB

Installed Sim Platforms: 
P3Dv4 "D:\P3Dv4\"

Exception: 
A task was canceled.

Action Stack: 

StackTrace: 
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at MS.Internal.WeakEventTable.OnShutDown()
   at MS.Internal.WeakEventTable.WeakEventTableShutDownListener.OnShutDown(Object target, Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.ShutDownListener.HandleShutDown(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Console: App Started
v0.4.209 Beta
Couldn't get remote UriHandler object.
P3Dv4 is installed in D:\P3Dv4\
Will load Google Analytics Assembly
Will load Newtonsoft Assembly
Will load Mouse Hook Assembly
Will load SlimDX Assembly
Will load SimConnect Assembly
Assemblies loaded
Launching Splash Window
Launching Main Window
Loading Splash Animation
Loading Janet
Start Splash Animation
Start Timer cam_timing
Start Timer main_stopwatch
Starting Bridge
Splash Fade In
Bridge Started
Starting the Bridge server
--> Connecting to Named Pipe
<-- Connected to Named Pipe
Bridge server started
Loaded Janet
Server ID: 0 (secure.oldprop.com) Average Ping Time: 22
Fastest server ID: 0 (secure.oldprop.com)
Login success!
Is Beta: True
Getting last launch
Sending Log Files
Getting Running Simulator
GetRecording is null
Active Sim is: P3D
Sending proc data to Bridge
A task was canceled.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at MS.Internal.WeakEventTable.WeakEventTableShutDownListener.OnShutDown(Object target, Object sender, EventArgs e)

---------------------- END OF LOG SECTION -----------------------

Some additional info.  I still have P3D v3 on my computer though I seldom use it.  Anyway, if I start v3 the same problem occurs as it does in v4.3.  Thought this might help solve the problem.

Jim

Same problem here, too.  Reinstalled, still the same problem as the others.  Here's the crash log:

Owner:            giorgio759@excite.com
Time (UTC):       7/3/2018 1:51:50 AM
Launch (s):       18.5679256
Sim:              No running sim
Version:          0.4.209.0
Beta:             True
.NET Framework:   4.6 RC or later
Memory:           .07 GB

Installed Sim Platforms: 
P3Dv4 "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"

Exception: 
A task was canceled.

Action Stack: 

StackTrace: 

Console: App Started
v0.4.209 Beta
Couldn't get remote UriHandler object.
P3Dv4 is installed in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\
Will load Google Analytics Assembly
Will load Newtonsoft Assembly
Will load Mouse Hook Assembly
Will load SlimDX Assembly
Will load SimConnect Assembly
Assemblies loaded
Loading Janet
Start Timer cam_timing
Start Timer main_stopwatch
Starting Bridge
Bridge Started
Starting the Bridge server
--> Connecting to Named Pipe
<-- Connected to Named Pipe
Bridge server started
Loaded Janet
Server ID: 0 (secure.oldprop.com) Average Ping Time: 34
Fastest server ID: 0 (secure.oldprop.com)
Login success!
Is Beta: True
Getting last launch
Sending Log Files
Getting Running Simulator
Active Sim is: P3D
GetRecording is null
Sending proc data to Bridge
A task was canceled.

---------------------- END OF LOG SECTION -----------------------

Todd McDowell

System: Intel i7 8700, ASUS RTX4070, ASUS Z370 TUF Gaming Pro, 48gb Ram, 4k Monitor

19 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Can you manually send the files to us via email? They are located in the ChasePlane directory

Hi Keven I have the same issue like everybody else. How can i sent you the files you need? Or what can we do?

Ok this is what I did to solve my problem as above. Basically a complete uninstall of everything under oldprop solutions.

This worked for me, however you might have a different problem.

1. Unistalled chaseplane using VFX central.

2. Uninstalled VFX central. (I quite possibly did not need to do this and I was clutching at straws here)

3. I noticed even after uninstalling both I still had an Oldprop solutions inc folder in my Program Files (x86) with contents still in it. (Chaseplane & VFXCentral)

4. I could not delete these even though I have admin rights. Right click Oldprop Solutions Inc folder, click properties.

5. Click Security Tab at top and edit your permissions on group or user names to full control. ( For me I gave everything that didnt have Full control allowed, full control). Which was 5 items.

6. I could then delete the Oldprop Solutions Inc folder. (This did not delete my aircraft camera profiles as they are stored under users/AppData)**DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE**

7. Restarted my PC. Re-downloaded VFX Central. Re-installed Chaseplane via VFX central as normal.

8. Started up Chaseplane without P3D running first without any issues. Closed it then started P3D.

9. For me the first time I loaded P3d, Chaseplane did not start automatically with the sim so I manually started it and it worked with my add on aircraft in my library with my profiles present and working. The next time I started P3d, Chaseplane started automatically with the sim as normal and all was good.

I hope this might help someone. Apologies for the length of the post.

Thought I'd try it one more time before I tried your fix.  Guess what?  It is working now.  I guess Keven figured it out.

Jim

1 hour ago, AkaGorT said:

Ok this is what I did to solve my problem as above. Basically a complete uninstall of everything under oldprop solutions.

This worked for me, however you might have a different problem.

1. Unistalled chaseplane using VFX central.

2. Uninstalled VFX central. (I quite possibly did not need to do this and I was clutching at straws here)

3. I noticed even after uninstalling both I still had an Oldprop solutions inc folder in my Program Files (x86) with contents still in it. (Chaseplane & VFXCentral)

4. I could not delete these even though I have admin rights. Right click Oldprop Solutions Inc folder, click properties.

5. Click Security Tab at top and edit your permissions on group or user names to full control. ( For me I gave everything that didnt have Full control allowed, full control). Which was 5 items.

6. I could then delete the Oldprop Solutions Inc folder. (This did not delete my aircraft camera profiles as they are stored under users/AppData)**DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE**

7. Restarted my PC. Re-downloaded VFX Central. Re-installed Chaseplane via VFX central as normal.

8. Started up Chaseplane without P3D running first without any issues. Closed it then started P3D.

9. For me the first time I loaded P3d, Chaseplane did not start automatically with the sim so I manually started it and it worked with my add on aircraft in my library with my profiles present and working. The next time I started P3d, Chaseplane started automatically with the sim as normal and all was good.

I hope this might help someone. Apologies for the length of the post.

Thanks mate. Now is up and running.