Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Night Lighting Changes in Latest XP?

Hello folks!  I'm wondering, has something changed in XP11 night lighting?  I've switched between P3d and XP for a few years now and I haven't flown XP since maybe 11.1, I'm noticing it seems night lighting seems different.  There used to be this almost like HDR haze at night from the street lights which seems toned down a bit or almost nonexistent.  Also noticed it seems there is some distant lighting at cruise alt now which I never noticed before which is nice.  My biggest XP complaint was the popping of ground lighting at night.  Although the current implementation seemed to be blurry to me and maybe a bit generic looking its a step in the right direction.

So I guess my question is has there been some night lighting changes lately or did I install some messed up addon?  I didn't notice anything in the changelogs although I could have overlooked it being how many updates have been had since my last go at XP.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Yes, they introduced baked night lighting textures for distant terrain in 11.20.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

26 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Yes, they introduced baked night lighting textures for distant terrain in 11.20.

Sweet!  I feel it can be done a bit better but its a start!  Did they change anything with haze or glow of night lights?  In late v10 and early v11 it seemed a bit more realistic to me.  I thought it was the latest xenviro (which seemed very buggy so I uninstalled) but it didnt change anything for me.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I don't know if they changed haze or glow. I know there are several flywithlua scripts (on the .org) that tweak night lighting, glow, etc. Maybe you had one of those installed?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

5 minutes ago, Murmur said:

I don't know if they changed haze or glow. I know there are several flywithlua scripts (on the .org) that tweak night lighting, glow, etc. Maybe you had one of those installed?

I'll have to poke around.  I do have flywithlua installed, so that might be it!  I think I did some tweaking awhile back to manually extend the night lighting which I then found out wouldn't work.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS