Sign in to follow this  
garpower

Can't access all presets - Chaseplane not visible on Desktop

Hello folks,

Since the last update (with option to exclude Windows Defender/AV scan) I've been having this weird issue. Chase plane starts (kinda) and shows on the Windows Taskbar but with the word "Initializing" not a view of the presets. Clicking or hovering over the Taskbar icon does nothing. Chaseplane is running in the background and I can use mapped joystick button to switch from virtual cockpit to outside, then flip between presets. I cannot get to the other presets however as the application doesn't show up on the desktop. Thanks for any help with this. Cheers! 

Hey Keven,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I have two monitors and may have changed the resolution of one or both. It's interesting however that this only started happening after the recent update and I answered "Yes" for Windows Defender exclusion. Also, curious that the app seems to be stuck in "Initializing" even though it's running.

I've changed the registry entry and will report back shortly, once done; fingers crossed I'll be able to get Chaseplane app up on desktop to be able to see presets and options like Replay, etc.

Regards,

George

Resolved:  Full uninstall/reinstall of ChasePlane via VFXCentral. Got back Presets but had to again setup Preferences (button and axis mappings), etc. Apparent cause was "splashscreens" that either got corrupted or were removed. All's well that ends well. Cheers!

Regards,

George.

Very strange, thanks for your report George!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

18 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Very strange, thanks for your report George!

Unfortunately, I'm back to square one...whatever is causing the issue (ChasePlane stuck at "Initializing") still lingers in the background; root cause not found. Still looking for your help Kev (or anyone else).

Regards,

George.

Same issue here.

It just ran the "add exclusion" thing and now every preset is wiped in chaseplane.

(Edit): Restarting chaseplane while in the sim, after loading chaseplane as you normally do when opening the application got them back.

Edited by Chok

Frederik Pedersen

This is very likely due to screen arrangement and resolution. Are you familiar with the Windows Registry Editor? I might have you pull a few variables to see what’s happening

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have this exact issue.

I don't think this is an issue with window management, as there is no indication in the simulator itself that chaseplane is working, as none of the keybindings work nor the middle mouse.

I can only see chaseplane in the taskmanager and in my taskbar. The miniature preview in the taskbar shows the chaseplane screen with the text "Initializing".

I just spent 39 dollars on this...