Sign in to follow this  

GTN 650/750 issue

Hi, after installing the GTN i have an issue with the Carenado turbo commander, and the Piper Arrow that i get double screens when i select the GTN via the menu in xplane.

I will attach pictures of the issue.

Any help is welcome!

With kind regards

Bubib5

2j2gw94.png

2vj9cab.png

Hi,

this is a first of its kind! do you mean the upper pictures shows on your single screen, as if it is 'shifted' to the right, while at the same time the hidden right part gets displayed to the left?

Or is this a screenshot from a dual monitor setup?

Is this with the actual XPlane version which is a beta, or with the official latest release version?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

this is a single monitor setup, once i turn on GTN via the plugin menu the screen shifts to the right and the right side gets shown on the left as per picture!

This is Xplane version 11.25, i updated just a few days ago, but i had this problem in the Carenado 690B since July 10, so even in the old version of Xplane.

With kind regards

Poznan Mihajlo

EDIT:
I tried to reinstall GTN all from the scratch, no change.

Then i tried to switch my resolution form 4K to 1080P and that helps, so if i set my resolution to 2560x1080 i get the problem, but if i set it to 1920x1080 then its all fine.

So what can  i do to resolve the issue, as downgrading on the resolution is not an option for me.

Thnx

Edited by Guest

This sounds like an X-Plane bug. Our plugin won't interfere with this: it just gets notified by X-Plane it is time to draw, and where to. Then it 'barely' draw texture quads to the screen. This might also be a problem with your video card driver, if not the card itself?

Otherwise, this might be a bug with the SASL plugin/tech these aircraft are using?

Is this happening when using the GTN in a default aircraft like the Baron?

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

For some reason my account got deleted, its not about the driver nor the card itself as it would surely present errors in other ways, rather then only when using the GTN, so what comes to my mind is that there might be some wrong settings when using 4K resolution, is there any way you can test my native resolution and see?

I still didnt test the GTN with default planes, will do that today and report back!

With kind regrads

Well so i tested the default baron, i get the same issue, the only way to use it without changing the resolution is via a pop up panel, so i am guessing there is an issue with using my resolution somehow.. I am at a dead end here as i am not familiar how the scaling or the positioning of the GTN works, maybe you can investigate that further and come to a conclusion?

With kind regards

Thank you for the additional details.

Unfortunately I still fail to see how this could cause an issue. The plugin rendering is very simple: draw a quad into a rect, which coordinates are LTRB (left top right bottom) (exactly equivalent to what is set in frame.rect = in the INI file).

There is nothing more than this, no fancy OpenGL state change, no shaders etc...

Since drawing a textured quad would certainly not causes this by itself, the only reason something like this would happen is the video card driver having a bug, it just happens the bug shows with our plugin?!?!

Can you try with an older video card driver, otherwise if not the case, can you try with the latest driver?

What video card and driver version are you using?

I am using an 1080TI and driver version is, 398.36, i will try and roll back to see if thats the case, as these are the latest.

Sometimes the latest is not the best. I can see this trend for years now where the 2 major vid card vendors are trying to push 'custom tweaks' to make games run faster on their card, while introducing problems for other games.

Nevertheless, are you sure it is the latest? I've quickly found this online:

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-geforce-hotfix-driver-398-46,4.html

Besides, I recommend v376.33 in case you can try this one out.