Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Bittorrent client affect FS2K4 performance?

Guest thedoggg

Pirate paranoia? Aaaaaaarggggg. Another myth is that companies lose money from peer to peer networks when in fact it has been shown the opposite occurs. The exposre and concurrent name recognition actually increases sales. Most "pirates" werent going to buy it anyways as most are tenagers trying to pay for college and such and can't afford to pay for software. So it's really not a "lost sale". Fighting piracy is a futile and expensive effort. Instead companies should put that money into custumer support and product updates. That would lure more loyal custumers than the easily cracked copy protections that make software "less useful" than the pirated versions.The music and movie companies are the real pirates. They have been ripping us off for years. I remember when cd's came out. LP records and cassetes were selling for 8.99$. The price for cd's opened up at 15.99$ yet later it was learned that cd's were dirt cheap to make, much cheaper than records and tapes. They used the perceived higher quality of cd's to price gouge music buyers. Yet little of this is talked about. The pushed the "Digital Millenium Copyright Act" through congress which guarantees the improper use of copyright to give them absolute control over what people can legally do with content that they actually paid for. Preventing you from making backup copies. All while lining their pockets.My 2 cents, Carlos

>The music and movie companies are the real pirates. They have>been ripping us off for years. I remember when cd's came out.>LP records and cassetes were selling for 8.99$. The price for>cd's opened up at 15.99$ yet later it was learned that cd's>were dirt cheap to make, much cheaper than records and tapes.>They used the perceived higher quality of cd's to price gouge>music buyers. Yet little of this is talked about. The pushed>the "Digital Millenium Copyright Act" through congress which>guarantees the improper use of copyright to give them absolute>control over what people can legally do with content that they>actually paid for. Preventing you from making backup copies.>All while lining their pockets.While I may agree with you that movies and CD's are overpriced, this doesn't not entitle us to have them for free by stealing. What it entitles you to do is not buy them. These are luxury items, not life necessities and I find the claim that it's ok to steal them because of high price dubious at best...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com