Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Some basic camera support

Hi

I'm sorry if this sounds a little odd, but I'm having trouble setting Chaseplane up. It simply doesn't work on my setup. 

Firstly, I've setup some views in my cockpit, and they work the way I want them to, but as a beginner, I haven't set keyboard or joystick assignments up yet, which means I have to go into Chaseplane and select the view I want to see. When I originally set this up, it worked fine, but then it seemed to crash - and stopped working. I therefore had to kill the program (since it wouldn't respond). I have reloaded P3D and Chaseplane, but now I'm in a state where I can't look around at all - Chaseplane looks like it's trying to start in the background, but I can't bring the main screen up.  That means I'm completely shafted, because I can't now use my P3D. If anyone can tell me how to get it working again, I would appreciate it.

Second problem is down to training.  If you look on the Outside view, it takes me to a view on the outside of the aircraft. It's not what I used to use because the camera stays in one place in this case - you can't move it to the front of the plane for example, in order to set up the shot there.  This is a similar problem in other areas.  How, for example, do I my my captain to the middle of the cockpit to take a shot from there.  I'm unaware of any ability to simple move a camera anywhere except point my head left/right, ect...

Any help getting it working again and moving around so I can set the shots up would be great.

Thanks, Gaz

Edited by Gary McCluskey

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Try this: 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Try this

Hi mate, how are you?

I tried that video (it's great), it was what I was using originally, but I had trouble moving around the cockpit - I can only look around it, so I had to stop watching it when Chaseplane froze all of the time.  It sometimes freezes before it adds any menu items into P3D, and sometimes it adds it's menu items, but they don't work. In either case, the program is frozen in the background.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but I get the same problem. I also have made sure the anti-virus program doesn't affect it, and the program runs as an administrator. I just don't know where to go from here.

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hi mate, how are you?

I tried that video (it's great), it was what I was using originally, but I had trouble moving around the cockpit - I can only look around it, so I had to stop watching it when Chaseplane froze all of the time.  It sometimes freezes before it adds any menu items into P3D, and sometimes it adds it's menu items, but they don't work. In either case, the program is frozen in the background.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but I get the same problem. I also have made sure the anti-virus program doesn't affect it, and the program runs as an administrator. I just don't know where to go from here.

Gaz

Gary,

Would you please provide your complete system specs and any non-Aircraft, non-Scenery flight sim addons you have installed? 

Along with your system specs would you also include any overclocking for your processor and graphics card?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave

I'll get the specs, but This is the hardware - A Predator laptop

• Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS, Intel i7-7700HQ CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1060-6GB, VR Ready, Red Backlit KB, Metal Chassis, Windows 10 64-bit, G3-571-77QK

As for addons to P3Dv4 :

• GSX 
  • Ultimate Traffic Live
  • FSUIPC (installed, but I have not set it up for anything special) 
  • New Aerosoft Airbus Professional
  • Feelthere E170
  • Carenado 390
  • Orbx graphics for the UK and basic Global
  • I have bought PROATC but I believe its not installed yet - sorry my machine is switched off at the moment
  • Scenery for EGNT, EGKK & EGKK
Hope this helps... I'm off to bed! Thanks for looking into it. I bet there aren't many out there that use a laptop for this! 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Okay, I'm fairly sure that this is computer performance related.  I suggest disabling the Chaseplane popup window (I don't remember what it's called) and that should help.  You might also try dialing down your P3D Graphics settings.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

Well, I normally get about 40fps at a big airport - up to 60 in fact. 

When you say I should disable the popup window, how is that done? Do you mean I should uninstall it or somehow stop using it? 

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Do you think it's worth me going to the earlier version of Chaseplane? My current version is 0.4.217.0. 

If so, how would I do that, do you know? The download app that installs Chaseplane doesn't ask me now, it just downloads that version. 

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Absolutely not... the latest version is the best.

As you're running a laptop, so you'll have to expect performance issues from time to time.

The best advice I can give you is what I posted above. 

Best wishes my friend.

Dave Hodges

I have recieved a response from support (Kevin?).  His instructions were to delete the content from '%appdata%\OldProp Solutions inc\ChasePlane', Indeed this has appeared to fix my problem. I have to set up my views again, but at least the app is working and I will try to keep it that way!

Good outcome of a product in development  I think.

Thanks for trying to help before, Dave.

Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

Excellent!

You're most welcome.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and for Happy Flights!

Dave Hodges