Sign in to follow this  
Philipljung

Linda problems with pmdg 737ngx

Hi, I have bought the saitek switch panel recently. But it doesn’t work to the pmdg 737 aircraft, so that is why I choose Linda. What I want to do is assigning the buttons on the switch panel to do something else, so for example I want the rotary knob on the left to be auto brake. I go to Linda, but there is no pmdg 737 available in the aircraft menu. So I went to my sim’s (fsxse) folder and clicked pmdg and found the aircraft, I copied it over to the Linda aircrafts folder and it showed up on the aircraft menu. I click on pmdg 737 but still it doesn’t work properly. Because when I try to click some buttons on the switch panel it doesn’t show up in Linda. The thing that is supposed to happen is that the button signals show up on Linda and I can choose what function I want that switch to be. Also, it won’t connect to fsuipc4. Please help, thanks.

please say the info you want me to tell you in case I forgot something.

Hi Philip

LINDA works well with the Saitek Switch Panel but needs some careful programming to get the best results. The Switch Panel uses toggle/rocker switches (on or off). You need to assign the required  _on function to the OnPress and the _off function to the OnRelease. Do not use the _toggle functions. 

The rotary engine switch requires OnPress and OnRelease functions assigned to each position. 

Be careful to check your switch positions before starting the sim or taking off as none of the switches are read or actioned until at least one of the switches is operated with the Sim running. I often found all engines shutting down as I raised the landing gear after take off. Not the best response for a safe take off. 

For your other question. You need to ensure you have the latest version of LINDA 3.0.* with the correct fully licensed FSUIPC for your Flt Sim - FSUIPC5 for P3Dv4 and FSUIPC4 for FSX. You also need to install the PMDG 737NGX in the correct location. The safest way is to use LINDA’s Maintenance Page module install option. LINDA must also be Sync to Sim with the aircraft name outlined in Orange. This ensures that LINDA is connected through FSUIPC to your Sim.

If this does not help please follow the Fault Diagnosis thread and email the log files. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I think I understand, I actually got Linda working with Pmdg 737 but I didn’t quite understand what you meant with Linda 3.0, is this for fsuipc4?

let me answer your questions:

i had Linda 2.9.6 so that may be the reason.

i have fully installed and registered version of fsuipc4

can you give me a link to install Linda 3.0 please?

Go to to LINDA Downloads and you will find the latest version of LINDA 3.0.8 available to there. You will also need the latest version of FSUIPC4. Any older versions are mutually incompatible. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

It seems like Linda 3.08 exists but 3.07 exists and I have installed that, but I will show you what happens next.

Nvm, I can’t take pictures for some reason, anyway, now it says fsuipc files not found and action required.

Ensure that only LINDA is controlling the panel. Remove all Saitek drivers/software and/or SPAD/SpadNext. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I think I found the reason (not fix), I used spadnext and that was what made all of the other functions work (gear up and so on) I uninstalled this and I can’t fly my plane with the switch panel. Because Linda and fsuipc/fsx doesn’t know each other if that makes sense... the only thing I am missing is a connection between fsuipc and Linda. When I get that working, everything should work. Do you know how?:) Another question: can I use Linda to have green and red lights with down and up gear? Thank you so much for your help.

19 minutes ago, Philipljung said:

can I use Linda to have green and red lights with down and up gear?

what i mean is: can i use linda to make the switch panel signal three greens/three reds?

sorry for bad explanations but my english is not that good/ i am from norway:)