Sign in to follow this  
Tino

Aircraft ICAO Codes & AI Generator

Good Afternoon,

Just wanted to point out that AI Generator complies incorrect codes for some aircraft. For example, A B777-300ER should have an identifier code of B77W. Currently, in the AI Text list, it shows as B773, which is incorrect. This will lead to incorrect aircraft being displayed. (e.x FR24 shows a BA B77W at YSSY. In the sim, it reverts to a B772). This creates issues for carriers flying the B773 version as well. Cathay, ANA, JAL, Thai, all fly the B77W and B773 variants. 

I have fix this by manually editing the AI text file but, doing it every time I compile is tiresome. Is there a way to change this? 

Just to be aware, UI_Type in each of my aircraft configs all have the correct corresponding aircraft codes. Ex. B77W, B773, B772, A333, A332... so on and so on.

Really enjoying your program. I can't fly without it. Especially with over 4000 custom AI aircraft. Just thought I'd give some feedback.

Cheers.

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile

2 hours ago, Tino said:

Just wanted to point out that AI Generator complies incorrect codes for some aircraft. For example, A B777-300ER should have an identifier code of B77W. Currently, in the AI Text list, it shows as B773, which is incorrect. . 

I have fix this by manually editing the AI text file but, doing it every time I compile is tiresome. Is there a way to change this? 

Hi Timo,

That's not AILGenerators fault, but because of incorrect aircraft codes in the General section of your aircraft.cfg files ....

The AILGenerator Manual, section 3.3, describes how liveries are detected:

"

AILGenerator detects a livery based on information it finds in the aircraft.cfg file. It searches in the [General] section for:

parameter

is used as

atc_model

ICAO aircraft type code

and it searches in (each) [fltsim.x] section for:

parameter

is used as

atc_id

Registration code(-s)

title

Title of livery

atc_parking_codes

ICAO Airline code(-s)

"

So yes there is a way to fix this, but you have to do that manually in each aircraft.cfg file that is wrong. Note that one should ofcourse not mix liveries of different types in one aircraft.cfg file.

Nico

Edited by kiek

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Hi Timo,

That's not AILGenerators fault, but because of incorrect aircraft codes in the General section of your aircraft.cfg files ....

The AILGenerator Manual, section 3.3, describes how liveries are detected:

"

AILGenerator detects a livery based on information it finds in the aircraft.cfg file. It searches in the [General] section for:

parameter

is used as

atc_model

ICAO aircraft type code

and it searches in (each) [fltsim.x] section for:

parameter

is used as

atc_id

Registration code(-s)

title

Title of livery

atc_parking_codes

ICAO Airline code(-s)

"

So yes there is a way to fix this, but you have to do that manually in each aircraft.cfg file that is wrong. Note that one should ofcourse not mix liveries of different types in one aircraft.cfg file.

Nico

Hi Nico,

I've changed all these within the General section of the aircraft.cfg. This is why AILGenerator should give you errors upon compiling, correct? It doesn't for the B77W.

ATC_Model is currently B77W.

ATC_Model IS Currently B77W.

When compiled, all B77W's show as B773 in the txt output file. Each repaint has it's down ATC Model or UI Type as B77W.

Any other ideas?

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile

Just found the culprit. 

Under "General" in the Aircraft.cfg, the ATC_Model was listed as B77W(.) with a period at the end. I took that out and it's now working properly. 

Sorry for the trouble!

Cheers.

Sante Sottile

1 hour ago, Tino said:

Sorry for the trouble!

Cheers.

No problem!

Enjoy my programs and please tell your friends.

Cheers

Nico